Dream Rollsssssssss Road Trip pic added

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took off last thursday and friday to take a little road trip down to NC to do some fossil hunting, figured I'd CRH along the way. Stopped at two banks in Cambridge MD and got bupkis. No halves at all. Was heading out of town when I saw a bank tucked back in behind a mini mart type joint and decided to give a check see. Cute little redhead says yeah we got halves how many ya want? bought $400 worth and drove on down the road. Stopped to grab a bite to eat a couple hours later and started going through the rolls. Started getting one or two 40 %ers every other roll or so then I hit my first dream roll! Woohooo! I like this! Hit a few more skunk rolls and then a few rolls with 4 or 5 silvers in them then a string of dreamers! I got 9 dream rolls in all! Damn! wish I had looked at these before I got on down the road! Was thinking about the bank all weekend while I was fossil hunting in NC. Managed to pick up more hand rolls there and added to the bag of loot I was carting around. Got home late last night and first thing this morning went down to Cambridge to my dream roll heaven and bought all the rest of the rolls they had. No more dream rolls but I did manage another dozen 40%ers. Total take for the weekend was 6 1964 Kennedys and 261 40% Kennedys. pics to be loaded tomorrow.

Attachments

• 261silver.jpg
    261silver.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 402
Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Dream Rollsssssssss Road Trip

Awesome!!!!! :icon_pirat:

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Re: Dream Rollsssssssss Road Trip

:thumbsup: Nice - first dream roll is great, getting 261 deserves pictures!

Maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Think I may have to hit the road this morning for some hunting after seeing that picture.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
you did fantastic on the silver....how did you do with the fossils?
That was my question exactly.

I found what I think is a pyrite sand dollar at a yard sale last week for 5¢

Real nice half pounder (I think) but a magnet is not attracted to it. Is that normal with iron pyrite?

OP
OP
SnakemanBill

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice price on the sand dollar! and yes it is normal. Not all iron pyrites are magnetic.

I did ok on the fossil trip not as good as last spring when I found a 5+ inch Megalodon tooth. Largest tooth this trip was a 2.5 inch Mako tooth. Also found a lot of smaller teeth, lots of bones, mostly fish and shark vertebrae. Also found an ear bone of a small whale or dolphin. I also spent one day volunteering at the museum in Aurora, NC. You can check out the museums web site at http://www.aurorafossilmuseum.com/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread