Golden find in coin return and a good box of halves.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friday was a busy day for me. Stopped by a branch to withdrawl money to pick up my 3 boxes of halves from another bank .The teller tells me that she has 4 boxes of halves . I purchased 2 and looked thru the 1st box and a half in the parking lot of another branch. Found 9 silvers in the 1st box but nothing in the 2nd.Dumped the majority of the searched halves at that branch and was given back 3 silver dimes from the reject slot.Good start. Was able to go back and buy the other 2 boxes but they only produced a few keepers. Split the returns between 2 other banks. The 2nd bank had something rattling around in the machine after the coins went thru. The teller reaches into the machine and pulls out a wedding band.Thought it was mine for a second, glanced down at my left hand to make sure my band was still there. She gives me the band anyway. Tomorrow, I think i'm going to call them and see if anyone lost jewelry there and leave my number just in case.Someone has got to be real upset right now.
Anyway, picked up 3 more boxes from my regular bank. 1st box had a walker showing. Always a good sign. We pulled 4 walkers from that box along with 2 bens and some other silver and a 87S proof.There were also a total of 7 Foreign coins mixed in that box which has got to be a personal record for us.2nd box had only 5 silvers and the 3rd was a skunk. All in all, a very good afternoon of CRHing. HH-MM2

Attachments

• DSCN2884.JPG
    DSCN2884.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 359
  • DSCN2883.JPG
    DSCN2883.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 406
Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL