Good karma brings good luck
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    us
    Aug 2008
    Ace 350
    330 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Good karma brings good luck

I think I've earned some good karma rewards. Last week I had a teller hand me an extra $50 back in change and I let her know. She was most pleased. The next day I noticed a wallet sitting on the tellers table full of money. I handed it to the teller and she said she would call the guy. --

Since then I've had a lot of good luck.

I took a road trip and picked up a $120 in halves, they had about $90 in silver in them and included my first Bens. A couple days later I stop at a bank and the teller hands me my first Walker out of her till. Today I stopped at a couple banks - at the first one the teller hands me 2 40% and a 90% and says she had been saving them for me and to make sure I come back for more. Same thing happens at two more banks then finally at the last bank the teller hands me a 1970-d! I'm gonna pick up four boxes tomorrow - hope the good karma continues!

Maine_Jim

us
    Silvaaaaa hunter!

May 2008
    Rhode Island
    1 times

Re: Good karma brings good luck

Well deserved... and that is some great karma coming back at you!

I'm still waiting for the day when I get extra change back from a teller. They always count it AT LEAST twice... if not three times, so that day may never come, lol.

I wonder what I will do if it does... =)

~Dave
    Nickels needed to complete the 1938 - 1961 book (3 total): 1939-D, 1943-D, 1950-D

Nickels needed to complete the 1962 - 1995 book: NONE! Book Complete!

Nickels needed to complete the 1996-2008+ book: NONE! Book Complete! (Through 2008)

mx
    May 2007
    Good 'Ol USA /
    Garrett Ace 250 of course
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by BBcardsRI
    Well deserved... and that is some great karma coming back at you!

I'm still waiting for the day when I get extra change back from a teller. They always count it AT LEAST twice... if not three times, so that day may never come, lol.

I wonder what I will do if it does... =)

~Dave
    I would hope you would give the extra back.
    HH, S_F
    CRH TOTAL? Thatís just a number and mines UNLISTED.

Swing and dig folks, swing and dig, because according to the late, great Mel Fisher, TODAY COULD BE THE DAY

mx
    May 2007
    Good 'Ol USA /
    4 times

You go Jim, I am sure the good Karma isn't done with you yet.
    HH, S_F

Swing and dig folks, swing and dig, because according to the late, great Mel Fisher, TODAY COULD BE THE DAY

us
    Silvaaaaa hunter!

May 2008
    Rhode Island
    1 times

Why should I give it back?

The banks and companies that run them are just going to missalocate their and by that I mean MY money and funds... why should I not hedge against their future collapse, poor decisions, and greed by not showing a bit of my own greedy side?

~Dave
    Nickels needed to complete the 1938 - 1961 book (3 total): 1939-D, 1943-D, 1950-D

Nickels needed to complete the 1996-2008+ book: NONE! Book Complete! (Through 2008)

mx
    May 2007
    Good 'Ol USA /
    4 times

Why should I give it back?

The banks and companies that run them are just going to missalocate their and by that I mean MY money and funds... why should I not hedge against their future collapse, poor decisions, and greed by not showing a bit of my own greedy side?

~Dave
    Let your conscious be your guide. But don't come crying here when bad Karma smacks you up side the head. I believe you reap what you sow. Tellers that can be fired for their till coming up short because they miscounted while paying you have nothing to do with the current financial problem.
    HH, S_F
    HH, S_F

us
    Silvaaaaa hunter!

May 2008
    Rhode Island
    1 times

Its a good thing I'm not a Hindu then and don't believe in Karma.

~Dave

Apr 2008
    448 times

Its a good thing I'm not a Hindu then and don't believe in Karma.

~Dave

Just cause you are not a Hindu does not mean you can escape the effect of Karma. I am not a follower of any of the "organized" religions, but I do believe that the "you reap what you sow" theory holds true. My term for this is Karma, although it may not be the same as what Hindu teaches. But basically I think we are rewarded for good deeds and punished for bad on some level. Maybe not right away but it all catches up.

In the instance of not giving back the 50 dollars I would not look at it like I was hurting the bank, I would look at it like I was hurting the teller who would be 50 dollars short and have to account for that somehow.

Jim
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

us
    Silvaaaaa hunter!

May 2008
    Rhode Island
    1 times

If that teller were smart she would take it from another tellers drawer and be done with it. =)

~Dave

us
    Aug 2008
    Ace 350
    330 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Hey I forgot one of the best parts of my Karma story. I stopped at a bank yesterday and the teller said she had been looking for me for about a month. She said that she had shorted me $30 on a box of halves a month back and that she had felt so bad. I hadn't noticed at the time as I was in a bit of a rush and she had handed me a cardboard box which had a bunch of loose halves. I was a bit distracted then as there was a bit of silver glinting there when I got it. It also had a bunch of NIFC including both 87s. The teller handed me the $30 - I was quite surprised. I did get a $100 in skunk rolls from her but they only cost $70!

Maine_Jim

mx
    May 2007
    Good 'Ol USA /
    4 times

If that teller were smart she would take it from another tellers drawer and be done with it. =)

~Dave
    Your kidding, right?
    HH, S_F

us
    Silvaaaaa hunter!

May 2008
    Rhode Island
    1 times

Shorted you 3 rolls in a box? And you didn't notice? How is that possible? The box must have been opened right?

And Foxie... I dunno... am I?

~Dave

Apr 2008
    448 times

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Fox

~Dave
    Your kidding, right?

My bet is that he is kidding.

~Dave

No, if she was really smart she would find a way to wire the money out of your account, then short a few of your half rolls and search all the hand rolls for silver coins before she gives them to you. Ha Ha

Jim
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

us
    Aug 2008
    Ace 350
    330 times
    Banner Finds (1)

No - it is true. The coins were not rolled, all loose. A fairly large quantity and it was closing time. She told me the total of the loose coins in the box (several hundred) and I was also in a hurry to get to work so I took her word about them. I did mention that there were a number of silvery coins in there that might have hypnotized me also....Later they got mixed with a couple loads from other banks and well there you go I got shorted and didn't even know it...I know pretty sloppy on my part!

Maine_Jim

us
    Silvaaaaa hunter!

May 2008
    Rhode Island
    1 times

Not rolled... that explains it.

Wonder what made her realize her mistake though?

~Dave

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links