Good karma brings good luck

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I think I've earned some good karma rewards. Last week I had a teller hand me an extra $50 back in change and I let her know. She was most pleased. The next day I noticed a wallet sitting on the tellers table full of money. I handed it to the teller and she said she would call the guy. --

Since then I've had a lot of good luck.

I took a road trip and picked up a $120 in halves, they had about $90 in silver in them and included my first Bens. A couple days later I stop at a bank and the teller hands me my first Walker out of her till. Today I stopped at a couple banks - at the first one the teller hands me 2 40% and a 90% and says she had been saving them for me and to make sure I come back for more. Same thing happens at two more banks then finally at the last bank the teller hands me a 1970-d! I'm gonna pick up four boxes tomorrow - hope the good karma continues!

Maine_Jim

Upvote 0

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Well deserved... and that is some great karma coming back at you!

I'm still waiting for the day when I get extra change back from a teller. They always count it AT LEAST twice... if not three times, so that day may never come, lol.

I wonder what I will do if it does... =)

~Dave

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
BBcardsRI said:
Well deserved... and that is some great karma coming back at you!

I'm still waiting for the day when I get extra change back from a teller. They always count it AT LEAST twice... if not three times, so that day may never come, lol.

I wonder what I will do if it does... =)

~Dave
I would hope you would give the extra back.

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Why should I give it back?

The banks and companies that run them are just going to missalocate their and by that I mean MY money and funds... why should I not hedge against their future collapse, poor decisions, and greed by not showing a bit of my own greedy side?

~Dave

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
BBcardsRI said:
Why should I give it back?

The banks and companies that run them are just going to missalocate their and by that I mean MY money and funds... why should I not hedge against their future collapse, poor decisions, and greed by not showing a bit of my own greedy side?

~Dave
Let your conscious be your guide. But don't come crying here when bad Karma smacks you up side the head. I believe you reap what you sow. Tellers that can be fired for their till coming up short because they miscounted while paying you have nothing to do with the current financial problem.
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
BBcardsRI said:
Its a good thing I'm not a Hindu then and don't believe in Karma. ;)

~Dave

Just cause you are not a Hindu does not mean you can escape the effect of Karma. I am not a follower of any of the "organized" religions, but I do believe that the "you reap what you sow" theory holds true. My term for this is Karma, although it may not be the same as what Hindu teaches. But basically I think we are rewarded for good deeds and punished for bad on some level. Maybe not right away but it all catches up.

In the instance of not giving back the 50 dollars I would not look at it like I was hurting the bank, I would look at it like I was hurting the teller who would be 50 dollars short and have to account for that somehow.

Jim

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Hey I forgot one of the best parts of my Karma story. I stopped at a bank yesterday and the teller said she had been looking for me for about a month. She said that she had shorted me $30 on a box of halves a month back and that she had felt so bad. I hadn't noticed at the time as I was in a bit of a rush and she had handed me a cardboard box which had a bunch of loose halves. I was a bit distracted then as there was a bit of silver glinting there when I got it. It also had a bunch of NIFC including both 87s. The teller handed me the $30 - I was quite surprised. I did get a $100 in skunk rolls from her but they only cost $70!

Maine_Jim

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Shorted you 3 rolls in a box? And you didn't notice? How is that possible? The box must have been opened right?

And Foxie... I dunno... am I?

~Dave

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Silver_Fox said:
BBcardsRI said:
If that teller were smart she would take it from another tellers drawer and be done with it. =)

~Dave
Your kidding, right?

My bet is that he is kidding.

BBcardsRI said:
If that teller were smart she would take it from another tellers drawer and be done with it. =)

~Dave

No, if she was really smart she would find a way to wire the money out of your account, then short a few of your half rolls and search all the hand rolls for silver coins before she gives them to you. Ha Ha

Jim

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
No - it is true. The coins were not rolled, all loose. A fairly large quantity and it was closing time. She told me the total of the loose coins in the box (several hundred) and I was also in a hurry to get to work so I took her word about them. I did mention that there were a number of silvery coins in there that might have hypnotized me also....Later they got mixed with a couple loads from other banks and well there you go I got shorted and didn't even know it...I know pretty sloppy on my part!

Maine_Jim

dp2013

Sep 11, 2008
If the money came out of the "CEO's" pocket I'd be tempted to keep it.
Unfortunately, it comes out of someone's pocket making barely more than minimum wage.
Like someone else said "let your conscience be your guide."

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
about 6 months ago on a road trip i managed to buy a 500 bag,i had to finish filling it first but didt take much.Well i hit many other banks that day and found a bit of silver.When i got home and counted the bag it was 45.00 short,not a very pleasant first bag i must say.I only got 1 40% out of the bag but did get 7 toonies so that helped a bit.I was going to call the bank but assumed there is no way they could know that it was short.Well 2 weeks ago i was in same area again and i went into basnk,told her i had 2 questions,first i asked if she had any half dollars,she said 700 in rolls but i wouldnt want them there is a guy in town that searches for silver,then she shocked me by saying"let me ask second question"She said yes your bag was short last time...we figured it out about 2 weeks later drove them nuts trying to balance books.She handed me envelope with 42 dollars,still 3 dollars short but im still very happy,then she let me go thru bag on machine it had 160.00 i got 2 silvers.As i was leaving she asked if i would be back,i said of course about every six months,she said they would save anything they see for me....i believe in karma

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
Oh everybody lighten up, he's not serious, just stirring the pot. Lets just enjoy the great silver finds. On a somewhat similar note I brought my pick up bank some doughnuts a couple of weeks ago and they've been saving me halves ever since. Only a couple of 40%ers to show thus far but you never know when that dream stash will get cashed in.

Ju8vP3t

Something similiar happened to me not too long ago, I was making a withdrawal from an ATM, and after counting my money, noticed I had received $40 too much, this has Never happened to me before, it was early in the morning, before the bank had opened, so I waited an hour or so and went back into the bank and returned the money, didn't even think twice about keeping it, for me it was the right thing to do.
The woman I returned it to, looked at me with disbelief, asked me my account number...etc and seemed to be more puzzled about the incident, the very last thing she said was "Oh, thank you" but with an indifferent attitude, like it didn't matter....LOL

It made me feel a lot better returning the money, than I would've of if I'd kept it

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Karma be darned!
what ever happened to doing the right thing , just because it is the right thing to do.

I sure learn a lot about people by reading these posts.
Nice to see there still are some good honest folks around.

Thom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread