Early Issue Englehard 100oz Silver Bar

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have a nice early (1981) 100oz silver bar by Englehard. It's a poured, low serial number bar. This is more of a collector bar rather than just buying silver to hedge against inflation. I's been in a safe since it was purchased in December 1981. Asking $1,795. REDUCED $1,650.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    504.3 KB · Views: 310
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 274
Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
That's certainly a beauty :) Good luck on finding it a new home!

OP
OP
K

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks and yes it's very nice. I even have the box, dated it was mailed in. It used to belong to a close friend of mine father in law.

OP
OP
K

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Trying to clear out some things. I'll take $1,650 for the bar. PM me if interested.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck finding someone to pay a $300 premium over spot.

OP
OP
K

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I understand but I continue to monitor ebay and the early, low S/N, poured bars are still bringing upward of $1,600. I just prefer to not go thru ebay on something like this.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck finding someone to pay a $300 premium over spot.

That's a rather ignorant comment - someone is trying to conduct business here. If you disagree with the price feel free to close the page and mind your own business.

S

stefen

Not an ignorant comment at all, but a comment that states the price is rather high based on the current market.

Jason just beat me to the punch.

If the market wasn't entering a slump, I may have offered a percentage over the current market...that's considered business sense, not being ignorant.

Additionally, I would not purchase openly on a public forum but would do so by sending a PM...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks I actually appreciate the comments. I still continue to monitor ebay since 6ea 100 oz bars have sold in the last week for $1600 plus. This indicates to me that the market is still there at $1600 +/-. I just choose to try and sell other places rather than pay a 10% premium. I believe at some point someone will make me a reasonable offer and it will go to a new home.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not an ignorant comment at all, but a comment that states the price is rather high based on the current market.

Jason just beat me to the punch.

If the market wasn't entering a slump, I may have offered a percentage over the current market...that's considered business sense, not being ignorant.

Additionally, I would not purchase openly on a public forum but would do so by sending a PM...:thumbsup:

His and yours are both ignorant and completely unnecessary. Charter members PAY for the opportunity to post here. khpony is trying to sell his item, if you arent interested in it or think the price is high then move on. There is no need for a peanut gallery. By making negative comments on this forum hinders his ability to make a sale, taking money out of his pocket, and potentially food out of his children's mouths. These bars always sell for a decent premium on eBay, and right now the cheapest poured 100oz Englehard bar on ebay will cost you $1729. Plus its business 101 to leave yourself with some wiggle room to negotiate - ie a "reasonable offer" as khpony referred to in his last post.

OP
OP
K

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If not sold by the end of the week I'll move this to ebay.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mods should deal with people who negatively affect anyone's post. This should not be tolerated. Period.
If you don't have anything good to say, zip it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread