Hold onto those Bitcoins!

Howard

Mar 22, 2012
Cape Coral, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter, Excal. II, Whites PI Surf Master & Fisher CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The price of one Bitcoin surpassed the price of an ounce of gold for the first time in history on Thursday, a milestone some investors said solidifies the currency as "digital gold."

By Thursday evening, the price of one Bitcoin was $1,271, according to CoinDesk's Bitcoin Price Index. Meanwhile, gold per ounce was priced at $1,235, according to Oklahoma-based precious metals retailer APMEX.

Attachments

• 170302-bitcoin-mn-1640_9171d3318457e4f05b2e61bcb3d628ea.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg
    170302-bitcoin-mn-1640_9171d3318457e4f05b2e61bcb3d628ea.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 210

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_link.gif
FWIW - I never heard of a "bitcoin" - so, I searched Google and found...COINDESK: What is Bitcoin? - Bitcoin is a form of digital currency, created and held electronically. No one controls it. Bitcoins aren’t printed, like dollars or euros – they’re produced by people, and increasingly businesses, running computers all around the world, using software that solves mathematical problems...

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll never "get" these things. I'll stay in my cave with my pile of gold! [emoji4]

FelixtheCat

Jan 24, 2008
Miami
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21 / Tesoros Deleon & Sand Shark
The prospect of pure, electronic currency is frightening.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only know that Bitcoins are a digital currency and have no physical form.....watch out for scams.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have ever watched Star Trek then you will understand the idea of no currency. But there is something about a Krugerrand that appeals to me more.

Maximilian

Oct 13, 2014
Montenegro
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Excalibur II,Equinox 800, Goldscan 4...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As someone who make for living from Bitcoin, i still keep bullion coins instead BTC.
Fellow detectorist beware and avoid BTC in near future. I expect ban from Chinese government so price will be probably halved until end of the month.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I believe one of its qualities is the fact it can't be tracked by the government. In other words I don't think they can ban it. As with all things online. Use caution. And common sense. If it's to good to be true don't do it.

i know bitcoins can be hidden in weird places. Like hard drives from old computers, etc. people have been know to discover millions. I know I don't get most of it either. Arrrggg!!!!

As someone who make for living from Bitcoin, i still keep bullion coins instead BTC.
Fellow detectorist beware and avoid BTC in near future. I expect ban from Chinese government so price will be probably halved until end of the month.

Maximilian

Oct 13, 2014
Montenegro
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Excalibur II,Equinox 800, Goldscan 4...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my personal opinion is that btc is made by USA government specilaly to track wise guys who think they r invisible. And yes they can't ban it, only shut down exchanges and tax mining making everything very complicated which will push general public away and put btc in bear market. I don't hope this will happen because will be bad for my business but I expect it since China need to find way to control capital flow more efficient.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Junar

Tenderfoot
Aug 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Btc is the most popular crypto currency presently. Bitcoin created a lot of noise around. In turn, I intend to buy bitcoins. I read a good article on how to buy bitcoin https://faqbitcoin.com/, but I want to hear recommendations for acquiring. How much coins can I get on bitcoins? I still didn't know whether to own the bitcoins.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pay Pal is also considering taking Bitcon or digital currency. My fear is Bitcon can be manipulated then collapsed.
Also unless you know a reliable broker you can be ripped off.

Last edited:

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So lets say they blow off one of those bombs that kills all electromagnetic devices (ie: anything that runs on electricity), (look up Project Starfish Prime on google, the US already did this in Hawaii years ago and discovered how dangerous this was). How is your "digital" bitcoin gonna work then?
You just lost all yer $ son.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you don't hold it, you don't own it. That's the truth.

It may be an investment opportunity but isn't even on the same level being a crypto currency.
How ya gonna trade bitcoin for anything if shtf. Gold and silver have both been real currencies since time began. It's like comparing apples to oranges.
Bitcoin exists the same as our fiat currency, by faith.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang, I dug up a bitcoin but I thought it was a Chucky Cheese token and gave it to a kid !

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am allowed to be cynical about our governing rich in this countries desire to eliminate the middle class of America. I think that these types of schemes are created to send the middle class on a get rich frenzy. Once their cash is converted to BTC in a large enough volume, they crash it making more poor lower class candidates. They have done it repeatedly with housing, how much easier is it to do it with something that absolutely is not tangible? e.g. they don't get stuck with a house at the end. There is nothing there but air. and BTW last time I checked, I have not reported the pile of gold bullion I may or may not possess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread