jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only Below Melt because only one Bid so Far.

then again, Ebay ? there are odds it will go for 3 times Melt
Being there are allot of uneducated people out there Who think they will get rich Buying them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diver_Down

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Jeff, it is my auction. Yes, it is likely that it will sell over melt price, but nothing is guaranteed. I've sold stuff that should have gone for a much higher price. I see the question brought up in the PM category about how to buy silver below melt. Well, here is their chance. Someone might get lucky. The current melt price is $168. For those looking to add to their stack, it is a no risk to bid.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, it is my auction. Yes, it is likely that it will sell over melt price, but nothing is guaranteed. I've sold stuff that should have gone for a much higher price. I see the question brought up in the PM category about how to buy silver below melt. Well, here is their chance. Someone might get lucky. The current melt price is $168. For those looking to add to their stack, it is a no risk to bid.

I'm actually Going by what happen at Public auctions.
Dealers Complain all the time about getting OUtbid at auctions.

They complain, That same People that are Bidding & paying $50.00 & Up for Trashed Morgans.
Won't even come into their Shops & Pay Melt price for the same coin.

Seems as soon as they see a Bid War, Everyone Thinks it Must be Valuable :tongue3:
& Decide they must have it.

Last edited:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm actually Going by what happen at Public auctions.
Dealers Complain all the time about getting OUtbid at auctions.

They complain, That same People that are Bidding & paying $50.00 & Up for Trashed Morgans.
Won't even come into their Shops & Pay Melt price for the same coin.

Seems as soon as they see a Bid War, Everyone Thinks it Must be Valuable :tongue3:
& Decide they must have it.
Jeff I have seen the same thing trying to catch a deal at an auction. All the silver and gold goes way over melt. And they have to pay a buyers premium on top of that. It makes no sense except that uncontrollable auction fever that so many nubes get. Its my only explanation.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the Dealers I've talked to said they Think,
The Bidders know who the Dealers are. & if they Bid,
The People think they know something about that Particular coin,
& Immediately start outbidding the dealer.

If the dealer ignores It, They don't want it as much

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the Dealers I've talked to said they Think,
The Bidders know who the Dealers are. & if they Bid,
The People think they know something about that Particular coin,
& Immediately start outbidding the dealer.

If the dealer ignores It, They don't want it as much
Interesting. Never thought of it that way. I do know who the dealers are and I always say if I can be the next bid after the dealer drops out I have made a good deal. But not multiple bids after. That is suicide

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck to you. You might be better off selling to a pawn shop. With Ebay fees 10% and 5% Paypal fee plus listing and shipping fees it adds up. When I was buying my house I needed $10k more to close. Gold at the time was $1258 an oz. I put 10 Gold 1 oz maples on Ebay and sold all of them within 4 days for $1260 each. I wound up paying around $200 per coin in fees and shipping which left me with $1,060 per coin. A week later I needed a quick $1k to do a survey and took 1 coin to the pawn shop. He paid me $1,260 for it. So I made $209 more without all the hassle going to the pawn shop.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And they have to pay a buyers premium on top of that. It makes no sense except that uncontrollable auction fever that so many nubes get. Its my only explanation. Silver coins below melt. I don't see any here for sale only a link to another web site. Sell them here and you may make a buck with no fees.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone who arranges the coins like that isn’t going to let them go for anything less than melt.

A real deal on eBay is usually found with photos and arrangements that aren’t that slick.

OP
OP
Diver_Down

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Anyone who arranges the coins like that isn’t going to let them go for anything less than melt.

A real deal on eBay is usually found with photos and arrangements that aren’t that slick.

I'll take that as a compliment with regards to the photo. But believe me, they will sell. I won't pull the auction or any shenanigans if it sells less than the melt. Right now, some buyer will get $168 for $99. I try and offer items to the TNet community whether they avail themselves of the opportunity, I can't control.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think by now Most bidders will wait & Try to snipe, Rather then play games , Then have to pay
more then Necessary.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think by now Most bidders will wait & Try to snipe, Rather then play games , Then have to pay
more then Necessary.

I'll bet you are right. Once you get some watchers and few bids that's what's going to happen but most snipes come in at 3 - 10 seconds so hopefully a few morw bidders come in first to raise the price.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver dollars are up from $15 to $17 now in my area. The good ole $15 days are over with I reckon!

You can't go by the melt value unless it's clad/silver coins. Old silver coins are worth more than melt.

OP
OP
Diver_Down

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
The collection sold for below melt price. The actual melt value was $168 (accounting for $13 Morgan/Peace dollars). It sold for $161. After paying the 13% in fees, I will have sold this lot for much below melt.

For those TNet'ers who ask where to buy silver below melt, well you just missed it.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to bid to help you out but I don't need any more silver and with my luck I'd win it. I guess not many people think like we do or else you would have gotten a better price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions