Couple questions on canadian pennies

wiedz

Jun 14, 2008
Iowa
In my coin roll hunting I come across about 5 canadians per box (pennies) so I have amassed quite a few. I recently purchased the whitman folders for them. The folders have slots for a couple of varieties, I've found out how to identify all but one. How do I tell the difference between the 1965 Lg and Sm beads? I have several 1965 pennies but they all look the same to me. Also starting in 2003 there are what I assume are mintmarks on some of them but so far I haven't found any with them. When I do where will the mintmark be?
Thanks in advance.
Wiedz

FutureProspect784

Sep 22, 2007
Prince Edward Island
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 'somethingorother'.
wiedz,

Well, as a Canadian metal detectorist, I must say, I am ashamed that I cannot answer your question about the mintmarks. I don't keep many pennies, as I really have no use for them, however I'll see if I can find one for 2003 - present and check for a mintmark.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
1965 has 4 varieties,(1) small bead/pointed 5 (2) small bead/blunt 5 (3)large bead/blunt 5 (4) large bead/pointed 5 ....the large and small bead are distinguished by the A in REGINA in the small bead it point between the side denticles and in the large bead it points to a denticle...as for the pointed 5,they all look pointed anyway but a the pointed 5 has extra metal at the end to make it really pointed...a hard one to identify until you see both side by side.
Don.......
Source: http://reviews.ebay.com/Canadian-Co...ful-hints-amp-data_W0QQugidZ10000000001041742

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread