Where to buy 2009 Silver Eagles?

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Try a local Bank. I know some around here have them for sale with no markup. Good luck.

Desertfox

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
desertfox said:
Try a local Bank. I know some around here have them for sale with no markup. Good luck.

Desertfox
Really? Banks selling silver eagles? I had never heard of that. Coin shop yes, but not banks. Maybe just that way in my area. ???

hyperion

Jun 26, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX E Series
These were never meant for circulation, they are bullion coins. In desperation someone may have taken one to the bank and received its $1 face value in exchange, but this would be a major rarity. I don't think you'll find any at the bank. Your best bet would be a local coin shop to avoid the Apmex S&H costs. I've seen them priced around $3 to $6 over silver spot price which is around $14.50 now.

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
OP
OP
P

Pirate Hunter

Jun 2, 2008
Im going on vacation to my home town of New Orleans. I figured I would help out the economy and buy the silver Eagles down there. I called to get a quote from a local dealer and they said $37.95, you have to be kidding me. They are really jacking it up.

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Ebay is good for that sort of thing , ive bought 4 silver eagles there ,2008 and 2009 , never paid much over $20 each and some came with free shipping.

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pirate Hunter said:
Im going on vacation to my home town of New Orleans. I figured I would help out the economy and buy the silver Eagles down there. I called to get a quote from a local dealer and they said $37.95, you have to be kidding me. They are really jacking it up.

That price sounds like the proof version which is about what the mint sells them for. Uncirculated coins should sell for under 20.00.

I buy the silver proofs every year by subscription because I think they are the most beautiful coin ever minted.

Jim

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver eagles at 20.00 each?
I have several 20pc rolls from the last 5 years I wouldn't mind unloading
They are packed and uncirculated in the plastic us mint cases with the green cap
I had bought them direct from the mint when they offered them to the general public
I'm financially strapped and have considered unloading
Including 10oz bars,1 high end atocha certified coin, Morgan's, gold and so on
I hopeI Hvent broken any rules on this post
Next step is E-bay
Brady
[email protected]

wolfmann

Dec 30, 2006
The banks here in the midwest sell American Eagles but they are at quit a premium like 32.00 they come in a nice case though.

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
I can hook you up for 20 from the mint for around 400 , ive seen them go for less , timing is the thing.Cheapest i can or could get them was 343 for 20 new from the mint..and to be honest look to the canada maple..they are purer and cheaper same weight..its a no brainer

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The folks that advertise eagles cheap in magazines are trying to hook you
They allow you to by a small amount cheap but what they are looking for is getting you on their mailing and phone call list.
They will hound you to death with calls and mail to get you to buy there coins at an incredible mark up
I was a victim of this scam and I can shake them
They are slick, if you listen to the back ground of a call, its obvious its a boiler room operation
I had found these guys thru the Readers Digest
Offered 10 UNC Eagles for 10.00 each
They are very aggressive and abusive on the phone to get and order
If you ask for a scan of they COIN they are trying to push, they say they cant but will return your money if your not happy - YA RIGHT
Brady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread