Can Anyone help me identify my coin?

knightowl

Oct 1, 2005
I came across an old coin, and I'll be going to collectors to see if it's worth anything. In the meantime, I thought I'd ask you guys if this coin sounds familiar...

ON THE FRONT - it looks like an Asian military leader, maybe Chairman Mao. He's bald and has shoulder plates. There are no value markings on the front. Around the edge is a series of dots. This coin is silver.

ON THE BACK - two flags are crossed. On the left flag is a sun with 8 rays. The right flag looks like it has no markings, but the coin is old and I may not be able to see what's on it. There are six small stars around the edge, each positioned the same distance apart from one another. If this were a clock, they would be positioned at 12:00, 2:00, 4:00, 6:00, 8:00, and 10:00. In the middle and in between the two flags are what looks like Asian markings on the top and bottom.

That's about it. As I said, there is no valuation markings on this coin, it's silver, and it looks like it's Asian. If anyone has any idea if this thing is worth anything, could you please email me at [email protected].

Thanks all,

Jeff Knight

Attachments

• coinfront.jpg
    coinfront.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 263
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 258
OP
OP
K

knightowl

Oct 1, 2005
That's the coin! Thank you so much. Do you know what the value of this coin is? It says 300-400 but we weren't sure if that's the number of coins available or the going price.

Thanks again,

Jeff

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
That's the price range, not the mintage. Do a Google search on < "Tsao Kun" military dollar > and you should get some hits. They can go for anywhere from $200 on up to $800+ depending on condition, etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread