baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know what, it does! Rats, I suppose that means someone took the penny and dipped it? He has AU written on the holder. Thanks for helping me along since I know zip!

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Older collectors called all fake and damaged coins FIDO because that was the most popular name for a dog. Some folks claimed that each letter had a meaning and not all the meanings agreed with each other. One set of meanings was Fake-Inscribed-Damaged-Oddity. There are millions of plated 1943 cents and all will fail the magnet test because the cents were suppossed to be steel. There was also a less rare 1943 error where the cent was struck on an aluminum planchet. At one time worth a thousand bucks instead of the quarter million they used to advertise for 1943 coppers. Your nickel is a "lamination error". While unusual; it is not worth much - maybe a dollar over the value for a coin of that date and mintmark. good luck,
siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread