presidential error coin????

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
a friend of mine came in today and told me a friend of his bought some mint rolls of the presidential dollars and when he opened the 1st roll he noticed that half the roll had coins without the gold coloring on them.The 2nd roll was all coins without the gold coloring.are these an error? do they have any additional value? i can't find anything about them on the net. supposedly he took them to another friend of his who is a coin dealer and they are being sent to be slabbed.

aaron7

Aug 24, 2005
Townsend, MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
The chances of more than an entire ROLL of those getting by the sorters at the mint is very... very... slim. Like, 0.0000001%.

I'd need to see pics of this one to believe it.

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
yeah some pictures would be nice. But let's remember how a entire cart of President dollars got threw quality control with edge lettering missing. If you really are missing the outside layer I would have them authenicated and graded.

OP
OP
mistergee

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i would provide pics but i don't have them nor have seen them. this was a friend of a friend. i will see if i can meet up with my friend and see if its possible to see these coins. i only asked to see if anyone heard of such a thing as i was unable to find any examples on the net.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread