Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gang,
I have and carry but one Morgan Dollar with me, it is of no extra or huge value, it is a 1896 " common " dollar. But when my wife and I split 10 years ago, it was the coin that was on the belt that belong to my son Nik... I carry it with me every day, so that I will always know he will always be with me. He lives with his Mom in Australia and I only get to see him once in a very long time. You see, I am a stepfather and by law I have no rights to him, but he is and always will remain in my heart. He is 25 now and he has grown into a man, but I still keep the memory of that little boy with me.... and when I die, I will be buried with this coin as well. That way- to me - he has never left... So even though the value of this coin is only about $20, it will always remain priceless to me....

PLL
DezertMagazine.com

IWillFindTheGold

Nov 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
pegleglooker said:
Hey Gang,
I have and carry but one Morgan Dollar with me, it is of no extra or huge value, it is a 1896 " common " dollar. But when my wife and I split 10 years ago, it was the coin that was on the belt that belong to my son Nik... I carry it with me every day, so that I will always know he will always be with me. He lives with his Mom in Australia and I only get to see him once in a very long time. You see, I am a stepfather and by law I have no rights to him, but he is and always will remain in my heart. He is 25 now and he has grown into a man, but I still keep the memory of that little boy with me.... and when I die, I will be buried with this coin as well. That way- to me - he has never left... So even though the value of this coin is only about $20, it will always remain priceless to me....

PLL
DezertMagazine.com

Great story. You're an awesome father. Peace.

chadster

Dec 5, 2010
Can anyone tell me how much these are worth?

I have an 1881 New Orleans and a 1921 Philadelphia. Both are pretty good condition I think. You can see the lines in the hair, which as I have read is a pretty good thing.

Thanks!

Attachments

• morgan front.jpg
    morgan front.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,515
  • morgan back.jpg
    morgan back.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,494

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread