Finally able to add a CC Morgan to my collection!

jlb783

Dec 1, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Outback
I went to the Gun and Knife Show on Sunday and brought a few coins with me, and I got to a table and saw it and so I traded the guy 1 MS60? 1878 S Morgan Dollar, an 1852 Large Cent, an MS65? 1954 S dime, and an MS65? 1960 dime for an 1882 CC Morgan dollar in probably VF condition.
And my dad got a 1949 dime graded by GEC as MS68 for $5. But it is probably more like a VF-AU at best.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did you trade duplicates that you owned or just one on one? I can't seem to part with any of my collection, which of course will lead to storage problems here and there.

I think you did good on the deal though, the swap seems about even. Congrats. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
jlb783

jlb783

Dec 1, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Outback
I wish they were duplicates but they were not.

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If all of your coins were graded, I would find it very difficult to trade them for the 1882-CC Morgan.
But, The one and only thing that matters, is that you are happy with your deal.
Morgan dollars are some of the most collected coins in the United States.
The 1882-CC Morgan silver dollar @ VF-20 has a value of $130.00 I think you could get more for
it on EBay, if you were going to sell it. Myself, I would keep the Morgan. And, start a collection of them. :thumbsup:
You will find the Morgan coins to be one of the most interesting coins ever minted in America.

Clayton AKA Roadquest

OP
OP
jlb783

jlb783

Dec 1, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Outback
Roadquest said:
If all of your coins were graded, I would find it very difficult to trade them for the 1882-CC Morgan.
But, The one and only thing that matters, is that you are happy with your deal.
Morgan dollars are some of the most collected coins in the United States.
The 1882-CC Morgan silver dollar @ VF-20 has a value of $130.00 I think you could get more for
it on EBay, if you were going to sell it. Myself, I would keep the Morgan. And, start a collection of them. :thumbsup:
You will find the Morgan coins to be one of the most interesting coins ever minted in America.

Clayton AKA Roadquest
None of my coins were graded professionally, just by me. I think I am going to keep the Morgan unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread