POSSIBLE MISSTRIKE: ???? YOU TELL ME!!!

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Hopefully, some one will solve the mystery!!! just a weird coin i found!! thanks for looking
center]

Attachments

• P1000052 [800x600].JPG
    P1000052 [800x600].JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 568
  • P1000053 [800x600].JPG
    P1000053 [800x600].JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 580

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
could be a double strike, I'd check with a coin dealer. don't let them keep it though, hang on to it,
even if they say it's not worth anything now, who knows what could happen in twenty years

OP
OP
artzstuff1

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Sniffer said:
could be a double strike, I'd check with a coin dealer. don't let them keep it though, hang on to it,
even if they say it's not worth anything now, who knows what could happen in twenty years
Well thats kind of what I thought but wanted to get it out there,,, and looked at by all the people on here first ,,thanks

art

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
My sister found one almost like that in her change.Check and see if the Design on either side is
recess down in the metal.If it is, it is just like my sisters.Someone took a penny and put it between
another penny and a nickle and pressed them together in some sort of vise.
But that is still a neat find.

fortbball9

OP
OP
artzstuff1

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
fortbball9 said:
My sister found one almost like that in her change.Check and see if the Design on either side is
recess down in the metal.If it is, it is just like my sisters.Someone took a penny and put it between
another penny and a nickle and pressed them together in some sort of vise.
But that is still a neat find.

fortbball9
It is concave on the reverse and convex on the front,,,thanks for looking,,,,,,art

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
If you look at the side that has the nickel on it it is backwards.I still say that is was probably done after
the mint and was done in a press.But that is just my guess.Still a cool find Congrats.

fortbball9

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
The original coin was a 1974-D penny. Someone used a vise to put the impression of a penny reverse on the reverse, the words the are backwords prove this. They also smashed a nickel impression on the front, notice that Jefferson is looking the wrong way? Not a mint error and no value besides an interesting trinket...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread