My little coin collection

Jack Hamilton

Apr 13, 2009
Murrieta Ca
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
I dont have a detector yet, but as you can see I have been collecting for a while. I usually finger through all the change I come across. This is what I have come across so far. One of the silver quarters was given to me, one I pulled out of gas station change. The silver dollar was given to my by my late mother.
Silver dollar: 1879
Silver quarters: 1961,1964
wheaties are
'41
'45sx2
'18s
'11
'33
'44x2
'57D
'56D
'55D
'40
'52D
'39s
'29
'25
'39s
'18s
'43s nickle?(its a silver color)
'47s
'42s
and one nickle '64 that looks to be copper?

Attachments

• coins.JPG
    coins.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 374

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the 43s nickel is part silver, they're called war nickels. The silver dollar should be put in a holder of some type, a 2x2 would do nicely. If you have a coin store near you, see if the owner will give you just one. while you're there, see if he has a wheat cent folder for your pennies. put them in it instead of knocking them about. You have a great start to a great collection, keep on going. Trust me, one coin at a time works. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Jack Hamilton

Jack Hamilton

Apr 13, 2009
Murrieta Ca
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
No mint mark at all. Not sure where it was minted. Maybe that is a clue someone more knowledgeable
than myself could use to tell me? As far as knocking around my coins...I suppose its a possibility but
they rest on jewelry felt on a shelf in my room. The only reason I put them on that nasty pink towel
was to take a pic. I didn't want to slap them on the wood table under the towel....but you are correct.
I need to get a case for the silver dollar.

DEMERSON

Dec 17, 2008
Hemet,ca
Detector(s) used
fisher F2
That's a nice start. i used to have a pretty decent one when i was a kid. but not knowing much. the ice cream man got it. >:( now i have to start all over. good luck with your collection.

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Jack check the back of your silver dollar for the mintmark, in case you were looking on the face of the coin for a mintmark. Welcome to the game, nice collection you got there. I just started myself. These guys are great, ask them anything, and someone will have an answer!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions