Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
What if a penny that was already stamped somehow got caught face down on top of a blank planchet and then got stamped again? Wouldn't that put the reverse image on the blank? I don't know if this is actually possible but if it is it could explain it.

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
savant365 said:
What if a penny that was already stamped somehow got caught face down on top of a blank planchet and then got stamped again? Wouldn't that put the reverse image on the blank? I don't know if this is actually possible but if it is it could explain it.

That sounds logical.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, this is very simple. I sometimes find cents with white paint on them. This is a normal coin. It has a foreign material on the front that was pressed into the obverse of another coin, leaving a reverse print. If you removed the white surface it would show a regular coin underneath.

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
enamel7 said:
No, this is very simple. I sometimes find cents with white paint on them. This is a normal coin. It has a foreign material on the front that was pressed into the obverse of another coin, leaving a reverse print. If you removed the white surface it would show a regular coin underneath.

More logic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread