Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Beautiful LC. They don't come out of the ground looking like that. :thumbsup:
Randy

Eddie Lomax

May 10, 2008
Central South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Machines- Metal Detecting, Privy Digging, Arrowheads, Prospecting, Catfishing, Harley Riding
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to check this one out real good. There are 6 different varieties listed in the Red Book worth from $100 to $4500.

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything "Draped Bust" is awesome in my red book.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice looking LC. It's nice it didn't come from the ground but, it's too bad he cleaned or shined it up. :'( Takes a little away from value. I'm trying to see what variety it is but need closer pics.Looks like Large date, Large fraction. I would probably grade it at G-6 to VG-8. It's about a $100 coin. Hogge :thumbsup:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coin is not too bad for a circulated one that was kept for safe keeping for a lot of years. Due to the wear and the lack of being able to see some fine details for attribution, there is enough detail showing I think to say it is one of the very common varieties, most likely a Sheldon 260 or 261 (260 & 261 share identical reverses) I would say if it were mine that it is a S-260, known for having a wider spacing of LIBERTY on the Obverse side and the long Fraction bar on the Reverse, but most telling is a Berry, Center to the right of T in CENT.

Also, there are 24 known varieties of the 1803 Large Cent in Breen's book..............

Don

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! I've found a bunch of Large Cents, but nothing that Old. Fantastic shape too,
Congratulations!!!

HH, Ringfinder

OP
OP
kytrader007

kytrader007

May 8, 2009
Carrollton, KY
Detector(s) used
None yet
Ty nova, glad to have joined..

And on the arrowhead note, that is our thing around here.. we are based out of carrollton kentucky and we go hunting at least every couple of days we have a lot of spots around here and i have some places in indiana where i am originally from as well as a family farm in campton, ky and somerset, ky. We buy, sell, and trade arrowheads and any other thing we can find. We run into a lot of other collectibles hunting for arrowheads, and have also had many passed down and given to us and traded to us by our local buddies. We are pretty much the biggest hunting party in our area that I know of. We are always on the go.

Thanks for the coin comment, Ringfinder! I have an old indian ring I might post for you to look at. I don't know much about it, it seems to be some type of costume jewelry, maybe colonial times, I dunno.. We are mostly after arrowheads and other artifacts the like, so I am not real familiar with jewelry. I will make a new post with a few pictures I have it of and really would appreciate it if you would take a look at it and tell me what you think!

Plehbah- if you get into arrowheads you should check out our site. We have many pictures, including in-situ shots, items for sale, tools, heartbreakers, video and much more and I am adding to it every day, so keep an eye out!

OP
OP
kytrader007

kytrader007

May 8, 2009
Carrollton, KY
Detector(s) used
None yet
Like I said, I am still working a lot on getting it all together, as I have only had a couple of days with the internet back on, I only started posting today. Also, have a handicapped child who had surgery so have not been able to do much with the rest of the world. Sorry it was not up to your expectations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread