1896 O Barber Quarter I dug detectin today,What Grade is it,and what is it worth

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.............I was careful not to scratch it while recovering,and put it in a vile of water immediately...When I got home.I let it set in hot soapy water,changing the water 3 times before rinsing.After I patted it dry I let it soak in lemon juice for an hour (To keep it from tarnishing) then patted dry and took pictures..................What will this grade at Obverse/Reverse ,and what kind of market value is one like this worth now days...It stil has dirt in the date,ear,and stars on the reverse,but I did not want to try and dig it out........Thanks for any help
Obverseof1896OBarberQuarter5_24_09_.jpg

Reverseof1896OBarberQuarter5_24_09.jpg

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
Re: 1896 O Barber Quarter I dug detectin today,What Grade is it,and what is it w

Most likely grades at VF. My grey sheet currently doesn't have barber quarters so I checked Coins magazine. Prices are always high end retail so I'm saying this coin is worth about $200! (If my grading is correct, which I'm pretty sure it is). Even if it grades at Fine it is still worth $100! You found one nice coin! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions