Possible dime double-die?

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hey guys,

I sometimes come across dimes that look like this and I'm wondering if there is maybe something to this. It's hard to tell, but it looks like it was stamped twice, as the inner-rim part also has a sort of outer-ridge-ness to it. Anyone else come across these? I know it doesn't look like a typical double-die, and although it's probably nothing, I think its work asking. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• DSCI2002.jpg
    DSCI2002.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 335
  • DSCI2003.jpg
    DSCI2003.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 360

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
I don't know, I see alot of these CRH, I usually pass them off as off center strikes but not enough to be worth anything. I might be wrong because I don't know that much about errors yet.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is not a doubled die. A doubled die coin is not struck twice, the die itself is impressed with the doubled image. I think that may be just the separation between the die and collar when the coin was struck.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is what is known as a misaligned die. Very common, no premium.

OP
OP
EpsilonMinus

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hah! Oh well, it was worth asking! Thank you guys for your help with this, even though it turned out to be nothing, I sure appreciate it. Maybe some other people will read this and not have to ask, heh. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread