img277.jpg

img278.jpg

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
I am not a grading expert but my opinion I would say VF-20 value $125 by the 2010 Red book.
That is just a guess :dontknow:

fortbball9

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably VF details but cleaned which is gonna hurt the value. 1921 Peace is a key coin, nice.

drgest

Apr 6, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum II, Fisher 1280x
cutler,

Can you tell me what it is you're seeing that tells you the coin has been cleaned? I'm not seeing anything and just trying to gain a better eye.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dark toning remains in the corners of the design, the other surfaces have sort of a washed out dull appearance from improper cleaning. Sometimes the surfaces are polished, but this looks more like a chemical cleaning and was rubbed afterwards.

OP
OP
S

scotty1418

Jan 21, 2009
I've been trading in a bunch of misc morgans/peaces to work towards putting a set together.

I traded about $100 in value for this, which was priced at $100. Incredibly the dealer had about 20-30 1921's, although this was probably the one in the best condition - it seems like they are rather common in low condition.

The possibility of cleaning on this isn't too big of a concern for me as $ wise, I didn't really lose out and in-person, there is no huge flag that makes it clear this coin was cleaned (aside from the remains in the recesses).

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
scotty1418 said:
I've been trading in a bunch of misc morgans/peaces to work towards putting a set together.

I traded about $100 in value for this, which was priced at $100. Incredibly the dealer had about 20-30 1921's, although this was probably the one in the best condition - it seems like they are rather common in low condition.

The possibility of cleaning on this isn't too big of a concern for me as $ wise, I didn't really lose out and in-person, there is no huge flag that makes it clear this coin was cleaned (aside from the remains in the recesses).

Don't sweat the cleaning. So many people have a hangup about cleaning and how it detracts from a coin's value. When you buy the coins, all that matters is, "Does it appeal to you?". When it comes to key date coins, you could buff it with a shoe shine brush and you'll still find a buyer for it in the future. When buying raw coins that are nearly 100 years old and older, I always assume that it has been cleaned at some point in it's lifetime.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VF-35 should sell on ebay for $100 to $130

I don't see any evidence of harsh cleaning.

WheatbackDigger

Jul 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Etrac
I think the coin is VF to XF range, I do not see any evidence of harsh cleaning. This being said, prices are flat in circulated grades. Not much difference in prices from fine to au. A desired coin in all grades. $110-150 any day of the week on Fleabay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread