Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    us
    Apr 2006
    Bellevue, WA
    Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
    5,736
    3 times

    what does CLV mean on the right side of the log on the 2009 2nd design penny?

    I was just curious about the CLV mark on the second design of the penny. I was wondering what the CLV mark was all about? Is that the Mint makers initials?
    Anyone can make life interesting you just have to go out there and do things instead of sitting on your butt doing nothing. Second quote: Life is about trying new things not just standing around.

  2. # ADS
    Ads

    TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

  3. #2
    us
    Feb 2009
    Kent Read, Kent Write, Kent State!!!!!! Ohio
    Whites Spectrum
    31

    Re: what does CLV mean on the right side of the log on the 2009 2nd design penny?

    You are correct. The 2nd design penny is Lincoln's formative years in Indiana. It was designed and sculpted by Charles Vickers. Hence the CLV. (not sure what his middle name is)

  4. #3
    us
    Apr 2006
    Bellevue, WA
    Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
    5,736
    3 times

    Re: what does CLV mean on the right side of the log on the 2009 2nd design penny?

    Thank you very much! I knew that it was not worth more then a penny because of that mark, but I was just curious as to what it was

    Quote Originally Posted by skylarking1970
    You are correct. The 2nd design penny is Lincoln's formative years in Indiana. It was designed and sculpted by Charles Vickers. Hence the CLV. (not sure what his middle name is)
    Anyone can make life interesting you just have to go out there and do things instead of sitting on your butt doing nothing. Second quote: Life is about trying new things not just standing around.

  5. #4
    us
    Ace250man

    Jul 2004
    Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let me detect!
    ace 250
    19,944
    54 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: what does CLV mean on the right side of the log on the 2009 2nd design penny?

    the designers initials !
    ALLEN

  6. #5
    Charter Member
    us
    Just another Guy In Back

    Feb 2007
    Left coast of Florida
    GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / Garrett Pro-pointer
    2,842
    1814 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: what does CLV mean on the right side of the log on the 2009 2nd design penny?

    On the front of the penny, very small on the lower right shoulder appears to be the initials, VDB. What does this mean?

    Just got one as change and took a close look at it. Thanks for the CLV answer as I was curious about that as well.
    There is no right way to do something wrong.

  7. #6
    us
    Dec 2006
    Pacific Northwest
    Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
    1,127
    22 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

    Re: what does CLV mean on the right side of the log on the 2009 2nd design penny?

    Quote Originally Posted by GIB
    On the front of the penny, very small on the lower right shoulder appears to be the initials, VDB. What does this mean?

    Just got one as change and took a close look at it. Thanks for the CLV answer as I was curious about that as well.
    VDB are the initials of the original designer of the lincoln cent. Victor David Brenner.

  8. #7
    Charter Member
    us
    Just another Guy In Back

    Feb 2007
    Left coast of Florida
    GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / Garrett Pro-pointer
    2,842
    1814 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: what does CLV mean on the right side of the log on the 2009 2nd design penny?

    Quote Originally Posted by waseeker
    Quote Originally Posted by GIB
    On the front of the penny, very small on the lower right shoulder appears to be the initials, VDB. What does this mean?

    Just got one as change and took a close look at it. Thanks for the CLV answer as I was curious about that as well.
    VDB are the initials of the original designer of the lincoln cent. Victor David Brenner.
    Thanks for the education!
    There is no right way to do something wrong.

 

 

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

2009 clv penny

,

2009 clv penny value

,
2009 lincoln penny clv
,

2009 penny clv

,
2009 penny rare clv
,
clv meaning on penny
,
clv on penny
,
clv penny
,
one cent penny 2009 d clv
,
what is the clv on the back of the lincoln penny
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3