Images of Zincoln pennies in various stages of decay.

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
I thought I would share some of the real losers I have found over the years.

We have all found them with some decay on them if they have been in the ground for any more then a few years.

1.JPG
2.JPG

But its the ones that have been in the ground for over 10 in bad soil conditions that can make you tempted to just throw them out with the junk

3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

Cleaning them can do more harm then good, as ones with weak surfaces can partially or fully delaminate. Ouch!

6.JPG 7.JPG
8.JPG 9.JPG

Hope you enjoyed the Pictures.
HH,
Donny

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I sneak coins like that back into a roll of pennies :thumbsup: The bank accepts them either way because they do not know :)

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
I have been saving all mine like that for some years now from Oregon. thought I would get away from it back here in Ohio, but Not. I just gave a 300 count bag to my son in law to throw in the yard and practice PPing and hunting. I was going to send them back to the FEDs but now I am down to only about 5-6 rolls.

Just think what our children will have to look forwad too. No old zinc pennies. Hmmm That bad or good. Hate to think that 50 years from now there won't be many people doing a happy dance finding what we do now. IHs, old copper and wheats.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ONLY time I've ever enjoyed seeing Zincolns, ever. Die you freaks of man, Die!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my banks in my town will accept them no matter how bad they are.

junkboy

Aug 30, 2009
OMG that must be some nasty soil to eat thru metal like that......You live in Jersey don't you? :D

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several of my nasty finds can compete with yours. It's amazing how quickly they deteriorate.

OP
OP
djabend

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
spartacus53 said:
Several of my nasty finds can compete with yours. It's amazing how quickly they deteriorate.

I am sure. These are the worst I have seen, but I know there are soil types in some areas that reduce these stinken Lincolns to powder in half the time. I wish the ground would eat them faster. I am tired of digging them up ;D

Mackaydon said:
DJ:
Great tutorial on how to take a close up pic.
Thanks,
Don....

Glad to help

HH,
Donny

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I pull the change out of cars at the junk yard and alot of them look like that. I tend to run them in my rock tumbler with some fish tank gravel (A tip I got off of here) and if they are still the least bit recognizable I wrap them and take them to the bank!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread