diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The design on the reverse of the 1-cent coins issued after December 31, 2009, shall bear an image emblematic of President Lincoln’s preservation of the United States of America as a single and united country. The actual design has not been approved yet I don't think.

OP
OP
artzstuff1

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
diggummup said:
The design on the reverse of the 1-cent coins issued after December 31, 2009, shall bear an image emblematic of President Lincoln’s preservation of the United States of America as a single and united country. The actual design has not been approved yet I don't think.

ok,,,, so their not going back to the old memorial cents?????,,,,,after they get done with this series of four different design's on the reverse,,,,whats after that ???? thats my question,,,

thanks,,,, arthur

OP
OP
artzstuff1

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
allen said:
go back to the wheatie design !!

They tried to but apparently the commission didn't realize the original design that they approved resembles (near copied) a German Pfenning from the 30's. Didn't go over to well when they realized their mistake. I would presume the artist that submitted the design has been blacklisted from submitting future design contests.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread