Old Coin - from India?

NewbieDoobieDo

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
My son just found this coin with his MD. He thinks it may be from India, with sanskrit writing. Anyone ever seen anything like this before? One side was left as he found it--the other side was brushed to remove dirt so that the markings could be seen.

OLD COIN 1.jpg
OLD COIN 2.jpg

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that it is from the Rajasthan(state) area of India. The language is Urdu. I think it is arourd the 1830's. Other than that, I don't know. Perhaps it's the starting point for some on this site who know how, to Google it on out for you.
Good luck!
Scott

PS. The yellow area is the area I'm speaking of.

Attachments

• rajasthan-location-map.gif
    rajasthan-location-map.gif
    69.7 KB · Views: 630

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU24K said:
I believe that it is from the Rajasthan(state) area of India. The language is Urdu. I think it is arourd the 1830's. Other than that, I don't know. Perhaps it's the starting point for some on this site who know how, to Google it on out for you.
Good luck!
Scott

PS. The yellow area is the area I'm speaking of.
No takers?
Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mackaydon said:
I'm waiting for Newbie to post a pic of the cleaned other side.
Oh, I see. I'm looking for someone who speaks Urdu.
Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread