Third New Lincoln Cent

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IM002189.JPG
    IM002189.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 393

Jay Plunder

Aug 18, 2009
Southeastern, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome looking....I plan on scooping up mint rolls of all 4 they will go up in value, I guarantee it :wink:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Armymusician said:
That is awesome looking....I plan on scooping up mint rolls of all 4 they will go up in value, I guarantee it :wink:

Don't count on it. They are being saved/hoarded by too many. Consequently, once the speculators quit driving up the price in the short-term, the prices will retreat and will stay at that level being that there is more supply than demand. If you want to speculate, grab the 95% copper ones when they are issued in mint sets. The proofs are already released and are 95% copper. Buy up mint sets and assemble rolls of the 95% copper ones. Most people are unaware of the composition change for the mint/proof sets. The copper-plated zincoln is not the composition to invest in.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Armymusician said:

There's another one? What is the reverse design of the fourth one?
Scott

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep those 2009 pennys they were lot less minted than other years check it out and you will see. log cabin then rail splitter then professional life later the capital on the back .

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found three more in change today and i have a booth in a flea market and i have sold 12 at $1.00 each nice profit i would say.i put them in a 2x2 cardboard flip and they look nice.Northeast Louisiana.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allen said:
4th one is not released yet.
these pennies will always be worth a penny,
until a 100 years from now.

Don't count on it. In a hundred years from now, if someone found one with a metal detector, there wouldn't be enough of it left to be worth a penny! :laughing7:

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions