All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• penny with clover stamped on it..jpg
    penny with clover stamped on it..jpg
    7 KB · Views: 470

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Shane, this is called an "overstamp". It is not necessarily a joke, but rather a novelty. Many times you will find an overstamp in the shape of a state. I have about 8 or 10 of these with a state on them, and a couple more with JFK's head overstamped on it. No real value, just a novelty.
Just curious as to why you were cleaning clad pennies?? Good luck, Gpurs...

OP
OP
shane41

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPURS said:
Shane, this is called an "overstamp". It is not necessarily a joke, but rather a novelty. Many times you will find an overstamp in the shape of a state. I have about 8 or 10 of these with a state on them, and a couple more with JFK's head overstamped on it. No real value, just a novelty.
Just curious as to why you were cleaning clad pennies?? Good luck, Gpurs...
Thanks for the info. The kids got me a coin tumbler for Christmas so I clean them up, as the banks around here will not take dirty coins. They say they jam up there coin machines plus they will not even take coins in rolls from anyone. I know some guys will stick a bunch of clad pennies in rolls that have holes in them. I asked a few banks near my house and they said bring them, in and they will count them in the banks coin machine...Shane

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread