38.8 KB · Views: 542

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Congrats :thumbsup:
Found this info at the pcgs site, if you got that for a few hundred bucks I think you did alright.

1850 seated liberty dollar
NGC AU-58. Ex - Heritage Numismatic Auctions, Inc.'s "Long Beach Signature Sale", May 31-June 2, 2001, Lot 6312, plated, sold for $2,472.50

http://www.coinfacts.com/silver_dollars/seated_liberty_dollars/1850_silver_dollar.htm

And this was in 2001, I wonder what it will bring now?

HH Charlie

Hmmm...just noticed it says "plated" in the discription, does any know what that means as far as a graded coin is concerned?

OP
OP
W

wyatt earp

May 13, 2009
"Plated" was used the same as we use "slabbed" today. It simply means that it was encapsulated by a TPG.

Heritage sold one for 2995.00 recently....

Earp

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am under the impression that plated, in reference to a coin in an auction, means that there was a photo of the coin in the description in the auction catalog.

OP
OP
W

wyatt earp

May 13, 2009
You could very well be right about the term "plated" being used in that manner. I'm going to dig into it some more....wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about something. Thanks for the input. Never too old to learn.

Earp

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
wyatt earp said:
Had to wait for it to get back from the dealer who submitted it for me, but here it is.

Earp

If I saw this photo of the coin, I would have said it was 100% original. Just goes to show you how important pictures are and how easy it is to give the buyer the wrong impression about a coin. :icon_thumright:

-Paul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread