Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at a club hunt yesterday first hunt was a seeded hunt with all clad coins , after the hunt was done one of the guys has found a Half that is tails on both sides , no face side , no date just tails , the tails sides look like a Kennedy half , he showed the guy in charge of coins for the club he knew nothing of it , he said he just got X amount of coins from the bank an planted em .sorry I didn't have my camera with me but it was a cool looking coin, has anyone seen or heard of one of these or know anything about it .

Tank HH :icon_thumleft:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Novelty magician's coin. It is probably hollow with another coin possibly inside.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Yup, it's a magician's coin. Sometimes there is another coin inside, sometimes not. Place the coin in a thick sided mason's jar and shake vigorously. It should open up. Note: It will work the majority of times, but the stubborn ones can actually break the jar. It has happened to me. Do not attempt on a regular glass.

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
huh interesting , thanks for the info guys I'd never seen one before an neither had anyone else there who seen it.

Thanks Tank :icon_thumleft:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Tank69 said:
huh interesting , thanks for the info guys I'd never seen one before an neither had anyone else there who seen it.

Thanks Tank :icon_thumleft:

Most of the time they will look like a regular coin with an obverse and reverse. The weight and sound are the dead giveaways. Sometimes the alignment of the two halves will be off giving it away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread