1953 dd lincoln Has any one ever seen one
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Mar 2008
    southern utah
    White MXT
    3 times

1953 dd lincoln Has any one ever seen one

Yesterday was a cold snowy day so I went through my Penny's to see if I had missed anything. I was looking for key dates & errors, when I looked at a 1953 cent. Due to poor eye sight I use a magnifying glass to look at everything. As I looked at the date 1953 I noticed that the 3 was doubled, it is very noticeable yet the other numbers in the date do not look like they are doubled.

Has anyone out there seen this on a 1953, I looked all over the net but could not find another one. Sorry that I can't post a pic but my camera will not micro that fine.

us
    Mar 2008
    southern utah
    White MXT
    3 times

Re: 1953 dd lincoln Has any one ever seen one

Quote Originally Posted by bula
    Yesterday was a cold snowy day so I went through my Penny's to see if I had missed anything. I was looking for key dates & errors, when I looked at a 1953 cent. Due to poor eye sight I use a magnifying glass to look at everything. As I looked at the date 1953 I noticed that the 3 was doubled, it is very noticeable yet the other numbers in the date do not look like they are doubled.

Has anyone out there seen this on a 1953, I looked all over the net but could not find another one. Sorry that I can't post a pic but my camera will not micro that fine.
    Here is a picture
    Name:  IMG_0221.JPG
Views: 233
Size:  49.3 KB

us
    Dec 2006
    Pacific Northwest
    Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
    25 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

I've seen coins like that in the past. It appears most often on the 1955. I know I've read the explanation of how it happens, but don't recall the specifics. I do recall though that this type of error is not a true double die

us
    Mar 2008
    southern utah
    White MXT
    3 times

I was given a site that called the coin a deterioration die doubling. Still worth more than a penny but not a true doubling.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links