I need Knowledge on coins

Chris_Odom

Dec 18, 2009
New Orleans
I found this today and was wondering why it looks so different from other quarters I have seen. I am new at the coin thing. can anyone help me learn more about this coin and others, mainly US I need to start with my homeland first.

coinfront.jpg

coinback.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to help.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
that rear was made for the 200th year of america ==see the dual date 1776 -1976 --the revoutionary war era drummer was used on it ==a whole set of coins were made that year for the "bicentennial"

OP
OP
Chris_Odom

Chris_Odom

Dec 18, 2009
New Orleans
DigginThePast said:
Chris, check out this site:

http://bicentennialquarter.com/

(Value is 25 cents)

ivan salis said:
that rear was made for the 200th year of america ==see the dual date 1776 -1976 --the revoutionary war era drummer was used on it ==a whole set of coins were made that year for the "bicentennial"

thank you both for the information and the fast response.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
oh get a "red book" on coins --it will help you a lot with getting to know us coins and their values

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris, another excellent site for U.S. coins is http://www.coinfacts.com/. If you visit this site you will get a message at the top of your screen that the site is no longer updated. Give it a few seconds for the old site to come up, the information is invaluable and is still accurate and relevent. They will try to get you to link to a new site that will charge for the info but I have not signed up for that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread