THE WORLDS MOST VALUABLE NICKEL

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
THE WORLD'S MOST VALUABLE NICKEL

Hello ~

I am not a coin collector, I collect old soda bottles and comic books. But who wouldn't be interested in the world's most valuable nickel? I ocassionally participate in various auctions, and the following article, which I have attached a link to, popped up recently and caught my eye. Everyone but me probably already knows about this coin, but I thought there might be others like myself who have not. And if you happen to be interested in what's going on in the world of comic book collecting, click on the "Comic Press Releases" in the left side box and see all the excitement centered around the up coming auction of a 8.0 Detective Comics #27, which is the very first appearence of Batman. The current record holder is a 6.0 copy of Action Comics #1, (Superman's first appearence) that recently sold for $317,000.00! The DC Batman is expected to break that record!

http://coins.ha.com/c/press-release.zx?releaseId=1786&ic=rightcolumn-1913nickel-010809

Take care,

SODABOTTLEBOB

Attachments

• 1913 liberty Nickel.jpg
    1913 liberty Nickel.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 672

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Re: THE WORLD'S MOST VALUABLE NICKEL

Hmmmm. I found a 1913 V Nickle the other, whats so special about that :tongue3: LOL.......jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread