4 more ugly (Useless) dollar designs on the way

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
Felinepeachy said:
Aww come on guys, I think all these new coins are fun. Plus I'm willing to bet these fake gold coins are the closest thing I'll ever get to finding any gold coin at all. :tard: :tongue3:

:D Fun ? :D

wait till you see the Ugly Lead-gray color
they turn from laying on the ground in the sun :D

As long as they spend like a dollar. :wink: Look at all the ugly clad I dig up now......

RIcoinhunter

Nov 9, 2009
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Gold $ coin Ugly Ugly,just plain ugly coins.Let's bring back the old style IH,Buffs,WL,Standing Lib etc!!!!

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They can't just leave nuttin well enough alone. I dont like change. my wife likes movin around the furniture I like to leave it alone least I can find my chair then...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78 said:
They can't just leave nuttin well enough alone. I dont like change. my wife likes movin around the furniture I like to leave it alone least I can find my chair then...

LOL, I told my wife she can move anything in our house but my Big Screen TV, my recliner, and my artifact collection........... :icon_thumright:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard that.. ;D
I'm just a simple man. I dont like too much change in things.

Oh by the way, get that heat problem fixed Jeff?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78 said:
Oh by the way, get that heat problem fixed Jeff?

yep

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
I don't think the mint has any hope of replacing the paper dollar or the penny for that matter, if they wanted to they would have done it already (they are the government after all, so who the heck could stop them), especially since they are losing money everytime they mint a penny. The real impetus of the "new" coins is simply to make more sales, the "modern" coin collector thinks buying these new creations is the way to become a coin collector.....so....as long as the government is making money doing it, it will never end.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spooky said:
Don't get me STARTED on LINCOLN.. The guy that out of arrogance and disdain for the Constitution raised an army to invade his own COUNTRY.....

Good GOD, isn't there enough worship of this dictator?
He's from Illinois,also *wink* ;D

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we could just get the public to start using these coins, it would save the gov. some big money. Just think about it...stick you your hand in your pocket and odds are you can pull out a 20-30 year old coin. the average age of a $1 bill is 3 months and this is according to the U.S. mint web page.

Letsgethammered

Feb 15, 2010
Saturna said:
Spooky said:
and THIS was why it didn't work in Canada..

What ?? Canada has had $1 and $2 dollar coins for a long time now, and they work just fine.

Britain has had a 2 pound coin (aprox.US$3.50) for over a decade and the Euro comes in a 2 Euro (aprox. US$3) denomination.

As a metal detector user I encourage higher value coins. HeeHee
Jay

Gt Britain has had the 1 pound coin in circulation since 1983.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What really gripes me about these "gold" coins is the way they are advertised. They shout loudly that they are guaranteed .999 solid gold, and then slip it in in a low voice that they are clad. I just wonder how many people rush to buy them thinking they are gold coins? I'm sure there are several. Monty

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might like to have a Millard Filmore dollar. Maybe. With the Sacajawea dollar, we became the first nation ever as far as I know to honor the un-wed teenage mother on one of our coins.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started collecting rolls of the dollars when they first came out. But my six grandkids have been the benificiaries of all but a few on their birthdays. Some of them are already worth 4 or 5 dollars each. Not a bad investment. Monty

Kanyontreasures

Jan 13, 2010
idaho
Detector(s) used
whites prizm 3, whites bullseye ii
HELLO WE CANT FIND PAPER THIS MEANS WE WILL FIND MORE MONEY CAUSE IT WILL BE METAL...LOL

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone ever look at a penny closely? Lincoln is the only one on copper and looking to the right. The rest of them are on other mediums and look the other way. With this new dollar set the saga continues. Lincoln finally gets to look us in the eye while the other guys continue to face the other way. I believe there is an underlying symbolism going on here. I am not exactly sure what that symbolism is intended to be. I have my suspicions.

As I was growing up I never understood why Lincoln got the copper. As I got older I developed my own theory, however, we all know about opinions. I think there are two schools of thought about that issue.

Maybe it represents the notion of 'Now I can look you all in the eye, in light of our new president. I finally have something to show for the losses America suffered.'

It strikes me as fitting that Lincoln can finally face America now that we have a black president. He finally joins the ranks of equality among presidents. Look for the penny to be phased out, in light of this new turn of events. The continuance of the zincoln, with his image on it, will detract from this new image.

With his debut appearance among his peers on equal mediums of equal value, I believe the mint will soon print the final page and close the book on the Civil War's effective use of mass justifiable homicide. Thereby permanently sealing the governmental notion that the Civil War was about ending slavery.

Or......maybe they just thought it would be fun to play around with old faces on new metals and I am just some kind of wack-o :headbang:

Maybe this is the government's way of saying, "Move along folks. Show's over. There's nothing to see."

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the Worse are yet to come with the Presidents Wives.

Why i don't know :icon_scratch:
wasn't a Hottie among them.

But hopefully I'll never see any of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread