FOUND A 1928 PEACE DOLLAR

Seajay

Jul 6, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Garrett's CX w/Bloodhound, GTA 500, Whites PI
Went through my silver during the holiday and came across a 1928-P Peace Dollar. I had to look at it three times before I would believe I had one! the funny part is I don't know how I ended up with it. I bought a group of silver dollars last May and periodically bought silver dollars out of a dealer's tray for $14-$16 a piece. Evidently, I thought I was buying a 23-P and did not realize it was the '28. Anyway, it grades about VF and I could not be happier with my find. Has anything similar to this happened to anyone else?

Seajay

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a heck of a find $475 in vf. Nothing wrong with that. Wanna sell it I'll give you what you paid for it? ;D Never happened to me. Although I have bought 3 1852 3 cent silvers thinking that is one I need for my collection when its the 1851 I need. One of these days I will write it down until then I'll just see how many I will buy before I buy the 51. Anyway congrats on a great find.

Mainer

OP
OP
S

Seajay

Jul 6, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Thanx, Mainer, but I will hold onto it for now since I am putting together a Peace set. A short series that is reasonably priced XF-AU.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a good set to have. And truthfully I think they are a little underpriced. But thats good for a collector like yourself. I have a couple not many, I'm trying to buy capped busts when I can, and they get exspensive, but there my favorite. Best of luck on your collection. Take care.

Mainer

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How about a front and back picture?

OP
OP
S

Seajay

Jul 6, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Give me a day or two on that. I have to get the photographer, my wife, on that one, but I will post!

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great... love to see them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread