Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ossie's coin buying, any experience??

Got a flyer that "Ossie" was in town and paying top dollar for coins, etc.. Has anyone had experience with her? Fair prices?
I was thinking of taking my entire collection into her, couldnt find but one thing about her (as far as opinion), and it was on a coin site stating how rude she was, etc... Should I waste my time, be insulted by a "pawn" offer, etc?
Thanks in advance, maybe someone will save me from myself.. LOL...

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Ossie's coin buying, any experience??

You're definitely not going to get top dollar selling to a dealer. If you have over 5k worth, I'll sell them for you on Ebay and shoot you back 70%, after fees of course. That's probably still much more than a dealer will pay you lump some. About three years ago I bought out someones military collection through three small deals. I paid him two grand, and made two myself. That's the way it goes.

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
You're definitely not going to get top dollar selling to a dealer. If you have over 5k worth, I'll sell them for you on Ebay and shoot you back 70%, after fees of course. That's probably still much more than a dealer will pay you lump some. About three years ago I bought out someones military collection through three small deals. I paid him two grand, and made two myself. That's the way it goes.
I am a well-seasoned epayer... I was just thinking that if they could get close, it would save me a lot of time and the stupid fee's... epay + paypal = spendy..
I guess I can always say no..
I have about 30 proof sets, and 18 morgan dollars... I am keeping all my pre-64 stuff for the pending rainy day I fear is coming sooner than later.. LOL..

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Surfer said:
Iron Patch said:
I am a well-seasoned epayer... I was just thinking that if they could get close, it would save me a lot of time and the stupid fee's... epay + paypal = spendy..
I guess I can always say no..
I have about 30 proof sets, and 18 morgan dollars... I am keeping all my pre-64 stuff for the pending rainy day I fear is coming sooner than later.. LOL..

They're not going to pay you more than Ebay.... because what the coins go for on the E, is in the range of what they will get selling them. If I was you I'd put them all on Ebay with buy it now prices you're happy with, and just leave em until they are sold. It really comes down to how bad you want the money and how fast. I've built up some pretty good collections of stuff and made a good profit, but always take a hit over what I could have made had I held out. But when you need the cash for something and the stuff is right there, it gotta go!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions