Foreign Coins - Any keepers?

krumb

Mar 3, 2005
WA
These were part of a cache of coins that I received years back. My interests for the most part lay in domestic coins and as such I don't know a lot about foreign currency. More than likely these will all go up for trade but I wanted to know if there were any keepers. The only coin here that I know that is of some value is the "1952 Cinco Pesos" due to silver content.

Attachments

• FCoins.JPG
    FCoins.JPG
    339.6 KB · Views: 2,785

nicole61

Jul 15, 2010
Hi,
My name is Nicole nice collection of coins i am also interested on coin collection but can not any coins.

OP
OP
krumb

krumb

Mar 3, 2005
WA
I still have most of these.....thought it might be worth asking again.....anything of note that anyone sees?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
They are all common other than the 5 pesos. What are the years on the Swiss rappens (they say "Confoederatio Helvetica)? What is the top left coin? The 100 yen coins (marked with a big "100") are worth over a dollar in exchange, along with maybe a couple others.

OP
OP
krumb

krumb

Mar 3, 2005
WA
1976 & 1982 on the rappens and the upper left is a 5 centavos 1995.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Included is a document with the values of the coins. The document will list the coins from left to right, top to bottom. Coins worth over a dollar are highlighted in yellow. Can you post a pic of the other side of the "1949-1969" 2 marks coin, the 2 10 yen coins, and the Korean 10 won with the temple and two characters on the side of it? I can then tell you the value of all of them.

Attachments

• Krumb coins.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
OP
OP
krumb

krumb

Mar 3, 2005
WA
I couldn't locate the 2 Marks, believe it is with another set that of coins that are boxed up but I will try and track down. I did post the other 3 you asked about though.

Attachments

• coin 3.jpg
    coin 3.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 312
  • coin1.jpg
    coin1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 195
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 870

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I couldn't locate the 2 Marks, believe it is with another set that of coins that are boxed up but I will try and track down. I did post the other 3 you asked about though.

Thank you. I am stating the value based on the condition of the coin in the pic. I assume the other side is as good of a condition as the front. Also, would you be interested in selling the coin lot to me?

Last edited:
OP
OP
krumb

krumb

Mar 3, 2005
WA
Yes as far as I remember the front is fairly similar, I am still trying to track down the box that contains it. Yes, I would be interested in selling or possibly trading. My interests lay in American coins not foreign so there is no great attachment.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes as far as I remember the front is fairly similar

I meant as an overall for all coins. Are there any that are specifically worse on their non-photographed side? Also, what are the mintmarks on the German 10 pfennigs? The mintmarks are above the denomination. Also, can you post a pic of the Thai coin in detail (I can't get the last two digits with the normal pic).

Last edited:
OP
OP
krumb

krumb

Mar 3, 2005
WA
No, I didn't see any that were significantly different on one side than on the other. They both have a mintmark of "F"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread