Coin Help

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
like everyone else, times are tough in out household so my mother asked my wife to look up some of the coins she has in the closet. They're mostly Kennedy half dollars but there were a couple special coins that I was hoping the forum could tell me about. they are a Morgan, a Standing Liberty and a penny that's not copper or zinc. I researched some on line but wasn't all that sure I was reading the right things and figured this would be the place to ask for help. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• M Front.JPG
    M Front.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 245
  • M Back.JPG
    M Back.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 243
  • SL Front.JPG
    SL Front.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 242
  • SL Back.JPG
    SL Back.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 248
  • Penny 2.JPG
    Penny 2.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 246
  • Penny 4.JPG
    Penny 4.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 249
  • Penny 1.JPG
    Penny 1.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 247

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tony, Unfortunatly what you have is not worth much money. The first is a Morgan Dollar, a great coin and popular, but worth around $20. The second is a standing liberty quarter which is worth somewhere around 5 bucks give or take. And lastly is a steel wheatie not worth much at all. I would hang on to them if you could maybe pass them down and keep them in your family. Best of luck in whatever you decide to do with them. :thumbsup:

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
mainer said:
Hey Tony, Unfortunatly what you have is not worth much money. The first is a Morgan Dollar, a great coin and popular, but worth around $20. The second is a standing liberty quarter which is worth somewhere around 5 bucks give or take. And lastly is a steel wheatie not worth much at all. I would hang on to them if you could maybe pass them down and keep them in your family. Best of luck in whatever you decide to do with them. :thumbsup:

Well said :icon_thumleft:

VPR

OP
OP
Tony66

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
mainer said:
Hey Tony, Unfortunately what you have is not worth much money. The first is a Morgan Dollar, a great coin and popular, but worth around $20. The second is a standing liberty quarter which is worth somewhere around 5 bucks give or take. And lastly is a steel wheatie not worth much at all. I would hang on to them if you could maybe pass them down and keep them in your family. Best of luck in whatever you decide to do with them. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info Mainer. That's about what I found out on line but I've come respect the advice I get from the forum more than a lot of what i find on line. I knew that would either tell me about the coins or tell me where to look for good info. I'm probably going to give mom $25 to $30 for them just so I can keep them safe. I know they're not worth much but I wouldn't mind keeping them for me to look at once in a while. Again, thanks.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a problem Tony, Id buy them just to keep them in the family. Thats what its all about, :thumbsup: Take care.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread