Looking to invest

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Can you give us an idea on what you want to spend or invest, are we talking a few dollars or a few hundred or thousand dollars??

The best advice that i have found is to purchase key dates and the better the grade the quicker the appreciation. Gold is also another oppertunity as the price fluctuates all the time there is a gain to be made if you have watched the market and buy at a low. I once purcahased a bunch of sovereign and half soverign coins from briton, I sold them 9 months later here in NZ and made a 150% markup.

Cheers Sasnz

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd like to invest in some nice gold coins, but locally the premiums are OUTRAGEOUS!
So I'm stuck with bulky junk silver coin.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Best bet is to understand and study what you want to invest in. If you want gold, know the various foreign gold coins and the percentage of gold in each. Know the spot before buying and calculate the value of the gold in each. Then keep an eye on auctions and don't be afraid to travel. I attended an auction where the majority of lots were guns. There were a few coins, but the target audience knew their guns and not the coins. Some Krugerrands were auctioned off. The audience was afraid to bid over $400. I swooped in and snagged a few at $425 each. I flipped them the next week for a tidy profit.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a few hundred dollars buy what you want and have fun, but don't think of it as an investment. (more like a little money in the bank - just a little more interesting)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread