123.4 KB · Views: 404

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
first photo of backs --- top left --camp gate * bottom right is --- vot x or 10 years "pledged to serve"

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

The 2 Hammered look like Edward1 penny(which looks like it's been heated up :dontknow:) the larger hammered looks like a Edward1V groat, or half groat...london mint, I see a Roman Constans AE3, the small one at the top in the middle , looks like a Caracalla silver denarius, but there's not much legend to go off :-\

Third top right 2 picture looks like Gordian111 radiate head right...you will have to post the sizes of the coins, to know what type they are :read2:

The first Roman might be a Constantine, I can't really tell from the picture, as I can't read all the legend, if you could post them individually and better pictures, I'm sure we can give the full IDs for them all...hope this helped a bit :icon_thumleft:

SS

bubbas

Aug 31, 2006
holland
Silver Searcher said:

The 2 Hammered look like Edward1 penny(which looks like it's been heated up :dontknow:) the larger hammered looks like a Edward1V groat, or half groat...london mint, I see a Roman Constans AE3, the small one at the top in the middle , looks like a Caracalla silver denarius, but there's not much legend to go off :-\

Third top right 2 picture looks like Gordian111 radiate head right...you will have to post the sizes of the coins, to know what type they are :read2:

The first Roman might be a Constantine, I can't really tell from the picture, as I can't read all the legend, if you could post them individually and better pictures, I'm sure we can give the full IDs for them all...hope this helped a bit :icon_thumleft:

SS
thats a Antoninianus (think this one)

RIC 189a, C 174a Antoninianus Obv: IMPCAESMANTGORDIANVSAVG - Radiate, draped and cuirassed bust right.
Rev: PAXAVGVSTI - Pax standing left, holding branch and scepter.

greating from bubbas :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• gord3084.jpg
    gord3084.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 275

bubbas

Aug 31, 2006
holland
Caracalla ( think this one)

RIC 16, S 6681, C 597 Denarius Obv: MAVRANTONCAESPONTIF - Bare head, draped and cuirassed bust right.
Rev: SPEIPERPETVAE - Spes advancing left, holding flower and raising skirt

greatings from bubbas :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• car026.jpg
    car026.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 280

lazooro

Sep 27, 2008
Sezana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, TESORO TEJON
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nobody said nothing about DIOCLETIANVS..

lazooro

Sep 27, 2008
Sezana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, TESORO TEJON
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and it is CONCORDIA MILITIVM...

lazooro

Sep 27, 2008
Sezana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, TESORO TEJON
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bubbas said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS
thats a Antoninianus (think this one)

RIC 189a, C 174a Antoninianus Obv: IMPCAESMANTGORDIANVSAVG - Radiate, draped and cuirassed bust right.
Rev: PAXAVGVSTI - Pax standing left, holding branch and scepter.

greating from bubbas :icon_thumleft:

it is:
http://www.wildwinds.com/coins/bigp...086.jpg&ruler=./ric/trebonianus_gallus/i.html

Trebonianus Gallus AR Antoninianus. IMP C C VIB TREB GALLVS P F AVG, radiate draped bust right / PAX AVGVS, Pax standing left with branch & sceptre.

bubbas

Aug 31, 2006
holland
LaZoOro said:
nobody said nothing about DIOCLETIANVS..

your right

its not a perfect match :P

RIC 306a (V), C 33 Antoninianus Obv: IMPCCVALDIOCLETIANVSAVG - Radiate, draped bust right.
Rev: CONCORDIAMILITVM Exe: B/XXI• - Diocletian standing right on left, holding spear, receiving Victory on globe from Jupiter to right, holding scepter. 286-293 (Cyzicus).

greatings from bubbas (p.s the pictures of the coins are not so good , to read the legenda) :dontknow:

Attachments

• dio188.jpg
    dio188.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 225

lazooro

Sep 27, 2008
Sezana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, TESORO TEJON
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well we can read diocletianvs :ANT Antioch/Antiochia, Syria (Antakiyah, Turkey) :read2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread