• DSCN2049.jpg
    DSCN2049.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 416

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paul - Very good pics, but huge. Had to shrink them.

Grade, I'd say AG-3 to G-4.
Value, $125 to $150 currently.

Nice looking piece, I like it. A shame on the damaged spots though.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great coin! I agree with the AG-3 grade.
HH
enamel7

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd agree with the above grades. Its a great coin. And one I need for my type set. Any thought's on selling it?

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Very nice....I think higher than AG-3.....don't confuse weak areas of the strike with wear from circulation. VG-8 in my opinion.

For comparison, the 1800 dime in my avatar was graded VF-35 by ANACS.

Nice coin, thanks for sharing.

HH all!!

Greg

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1235CE said:
Very nice....I think higher than AG-3.....don't confuse weak areas of the strike with wear from circulation. VG-8 in my opinion.

For comparison, the 1800 dime in my avatar was graded VF-35 by ANACS.

Nice coin, thanks for sharing.

HH all!!

Greg

Thats a great coin Greg. Did you find that with a detector?

1235CE

May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Thanks Mainer, I appreciate it :icon_thumleft:........yup, found it in August, 2009 in a field in Western Mass.......Lots more pics and story if you click on the "1800 Draped Bust Dime" link under "Made the Banner"

HH all!

Greg

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beat ya too it. I noticed after I typed my question that it had made the banner. Its a heck of a fine. Its one on top of my want list. Maybe someday. Best of digs to you Greg. Happy holidays.

1235CE

May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Same to you Mainer........I was just stumbling around a field enjoying the sunshine when she showed up.......as long as you put yourself in an old area, anything is possible. (and about 100 feet away, exactly 1 year later, August 31st 2010, out pops a 1787 Massachusetts Cent......crazy hobby we have here)

HH all!

Greg

KJW

Dec 8, 2010
I would research the Variety. It could make a big difference in value. Or it could be a common variety and worth what is stated above. I do not know anything about varieties for Draped Bust Halves but I do about Morgan & Peace Dollars. I do know there are Varieties cataloged for the Draped Bust Silver Half Dollar Series and it would be worth doing more research to find out what you have. I think they were cataloged by a guy named Overton. Here is a sample listing of one that sold on ebay calling out the Overton Variety #

http://cgi.ebay.com/1807-DRAPED-BUS...16?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item255f3e13f8

These Draped Bust Half Dollars are really hard to find in good condition. Your coin is close but the dings could hurt it at a grading service like PCGS or ANACS. You never know until you get it graded what for sure it will come back graded as. ANACS is the cheapest to get your coins graded at and they are really good at attributing varieties. You can pay them like $5 to find the variety for you if you do not want to research it.

Kris

OP
OP
FooserPaul

FooserPaul

May 9, 2008
Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Mainer is now the proud new owner... Thank you Jesse !!!

Never worry about Mainer when it comes to being trustable or having integrity...

Great to deal with you sir...

Respectfully,
Paul

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Paul. It was a pleasure to deal with you as well. It was a great transaction all around and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with you again. Take care Paul and wishing you and yours a very happy holidays. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread