What is a good price to pay for a proof set?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    us
    Aug 2010
    Wisconsin
    187

    What is a good price to pay for a proof set?

    The other day I bought three proof sets at $7.00 a piece. Is this a good price or did I over pay. The years are 1968, 1971, 1972. Does ther condition of the case effect the vallue of the proof set?

  2. #2
    us
    Dec 2006
    NEPA
    Tejon, Cibola, T2
    2,121
    978 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: What is a good price to pay for a proof set?

    That is pretty much retail price. I expect if the case is beat up it might affect the value some.

  3. #3
    us
    Mr. FreedomUIC to you!

    Jan 2010
    NUNYA
    1,960
    434 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: What is a good price to pay for a proof set?

    Quote Originally Posted by 999digger
    The other day I bought three proof sets at $7.00 a piece. Is this a good price or did I over pay. The years are 1968, 1971, 1972. Does ther condition of the case effect the vallue of the proof set?
    The 1968 Proof set has a 40% silver half in it worth roughly 4.00 and change right now so take into account the currency in the sets
    I would say you did real well.

    Are these proof or mint sets? If they are mint sets, you did outstanding
    [R.I.P. Rich Hartford - Champion CRH of All Time]

  4. #4
    us
    Aug 2010
    Wisconsin
    187

    Re: What is a good price to pay for a proof set?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomUIC
    Quote Originally Posted by 999digger
    The other day I bought three proof sets at $7.00 a piece. Is this a good price or did I over pay. The years are 1968, 1971, 1972. Does ther condition of the case effect the vallue of the proof set?
    The 1968 Proof set has a 40% silver half in it worth roughly 4.00 and change right now so take into account the currency in the sets
    I would say you did real well.

    Are these proof or mint sets? If they are mint sets, you did outstanding
    All three of these are proof sets. What do you think is a good price to pay for the proof sets that are in the 1970's, 1980's, 1990's, etc?

  5. #5
    us
    Mr. FreedomUIC to you!

    Jan 2010
    NUNYA
    1,960
    434 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: What is a good price to pay for a proof set?

    Quote Originally Posted by 999digger
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomUIC
    Quote Originally Posted by 999digger
    The other day I bought three proof sets at $7.00 a piece. Is this a good price or did I over pay. The years are 1968, 1971, 1972. Does ther condition of the case effect the vallue of the proof set?
    The 1968 Proof set has a 40% silver half in it worth roughly 4.00 and change right now so take into account the currency in the sets
    I would say you did real well.

    Are these proof or mint sets? If they are mint sets, you did outstanding
    All three of these are proof sets. What do you think is a good price to pay for the proof sets that are in the 1970's, 1980's, 1990's, etc?
    Silver or Clad?
    [R.I.P. Rich Hartford - Champion CRH of All Time]

  6. #6
    us
    Aug 2010
    Wisconsin
    187

    Re: What is a good price to pay for a proof set?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomUIC
    Quote Originally Posted by 999digger
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomUIC
    Quote Originally Posted by 999digger
    The other day I bought three proof sets at $7.00 a piece. Is this a good price or did I over pay. The years are 1968, 1971, 1972. Does ther condition of the case effect the vallue of the proof set?
    The 1968 Proof set has a 40% silver half in it worth roughly 4.00 and change right now so take into account the currency in the sets
    I would say you did real well.

    Are these proof or mint sets? If they are mint sets, you did outstanding
    All three of these are proof sets. What do you think is a good price to pay for the proof sets that are in the 1970's, 1980's, 1990's, etc?
    Silver or Clad?
    clad

  7. #7
    us
    Mr. FreedomUIC to you!

    Jan 2010
    NUNYA
    1,960
    434 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: What is a good price to pay for a proof set?

    I wouldn't waste my time on Clad. To me it is worth more in the long run if they were silver. The mintages on certain years are very low depending on what you are looking at. They can vary by as much as $45.00 for a clad proof set.

    Normally the early year clad sets are relatively inexpensive, once the State quarters came out, those with Ikes and Sacajawea, they became a tad bit more.
    [R.I.P. Rich Hartford - Champion CRH of All Time]

 

 

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

1990 us proof set treasurehunter

,

cost of 1968 to 2011 proof sets

,

proof sets 1980-1990

,

us coin proof sets value 1980-1990

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0