a.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 268
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 265

AMorgan

Feb 22, 2008
Houston Texas
Looks like it hade some cleaning... either ground action, heavily dipped to remove tarnish or baking soda... Aside from the possible cleaning, the details are VF. Uncleaned VF value about $75... as shown, maybe 30... depending on how harsh the cleaning... would need to see under a scope or very good loupe to make final determination.

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
AMorgan said:
Looks like it hade some cleaning... either ground action, heavily dipped to remove tarnish or baking soda... Aside from the possible cleaning, the details are VF. Uncleaned VF value about $75... as shown, maybe 30... depending on how harsh the cleaning... would need to see under a scope or very good loupe to make final determination.
Thanks AM. I didn't know as much about grading a year ago when I obtained that silver, it had a bit of toning when I saw the pic in the auction, lol and I think I paid too much.

AMorgan

Feb 22, 2008
Houston Texas
Check if your town has a coin club. I live in Houston and there are at least four in the area, and I regularly attend two per month. The clubs here have members who have years and years of experience and often have people present talks about proper coin storage, preservation, how to detect cleaning and how to detect counterfiets. If there isnt a club in your area, consider starting one...

Alan Morgan
Houston Tx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread