I.D. on unknown coin, token, medallion or medal?

Shadowmanflash

Jul 4, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150 & 250
I found five items that I thought were some type of Presidential coins at the time, but I have not been able to locate or I.D. any of them.

Items on front:

Top says George Washington, then center is his face, facing right, long hair, at bottom gives dates 1789 to 1797.

Items on back:
Center shows the White House, above it at top shows tiny eagle with stars seal, at bottom says, The United States of America.

Nothing else, they are the same size as a silver dollar, but only weigh half the weight as a silver dollar, so I'm not sure what its made of either.

I have Washington, Madison, Lincoln, Roosevelt and Eisenhower, all with their dates for thier time but everything else the same as I described on all of them.
I looked at presidential dollars, coins, tokens, medals, commemerative and I can't find these anywhere.
None the less a great find, but would like to I.D. them, before posting, any help would be appreciated, no photo at the moment, thanks Ken.

OP
OP
Shadowmanflash

Shadowmanflash

Jul 4, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150 & 250
Hey Don, thanks for the quick response, I guess I should have done this to begin with, sure would have saved me the time, I couldn't find it anywhere and you nailed it right off, this is exactly it, can you tell me anything about it, like age, and what its made of and are they worth anything at all, thanks again, Ken.

OP
OP
Shadowmanflash

Shadowmanflash

Jul 4, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150 & 250
Thanks for your help, at least I know they do exist, maybe someone else will holler and give some insight on them, Ken.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions