CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Y'all,

Just thought I'd let folks know of a great place in North Charleston, SC if anyone is thinking of selling coin. These guys are knowledgable, do honest grading, and will pay cash. I have no affilation with them other than being a satisfied customer. Satisfaction example ~ while going with a friend to sell coin I took four rolls of '64 halves to swap for silver dimes and quarters. While we were pulling the smaller denominations from a junk bin I boogered the count on dimes (I was pulling Barbers and Mercs) and only took two rolls instead of four. I let them know via e-mail after discovering the mistake, they agreed we'd both made a mistake, and two days later the missing two rolls were delivered via mail to my home (both Mercs, BTW).

FYI, if you have a large quantity, it's best to make an appointment. I did for a friend, and we had both dealers to ourselves, no distractions, full attention.

Just so you know up-front, they will grade your coin (or count your bullion), show you their grading references, give you a value, and then offer you 70% of that value. Before anyone shouts "Foul", remember, these guys are running a business, and a business needs at least a 30% profit margin to make money. They'll work with you, buy, sale, or trade.

They also have display cases of coin, gold and silver, for sale that will make you drool...

It's GREAT to find an honest dealer. I know I'll be back in their shop. Website below, and they have a darn good resume posted.
Robin

http://www.lowcountrycoins.com/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread