About to go pick this up from an Estate win!

goquickly

Greenie
Apr 6, 2011
Gilbert, Az
I ended up paying $13 and $5 to store it for a week so I can go get it.

6036710_36S10Q6XH.jpg

6036710_36S10Q7PO.jpg

6036710_36S10Q8D2.jpg

Thinks it's worth it?

What do you see and where? I have no idea about foreign coins.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Interesting box of coins I think thats a bit much to charge you an extra $5 just to hold it a few days for you. Also you might want to let us know what you find in there Im certainly interested

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I see a Canadian or UK silver coin with a hole in it. First thing to do is pull all of the silver.
I imagine someone has already done that if it was an estate sale.

I could easily get $13 worth of entertainment sorting, IDing and and evaluating that collection. :thumbsup:

Best of luck!
Post pics of anything you can't ID.

Best,
Scott

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably worth it more for being fun to go through than for the purpose of flipping, but no one knows everything so mistakes happen. I have stolen great deals from professional coin dealers simply because an item they had for sale was not their area or expertise. Generally when it comes to coins, to have value they need some age, and most of those look fairly modern.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ironpatch,
I agree.
Which leads me to wonder of the european coins that became worthless(?) when the new coins went with the euro....Did they lose all exchange value? Did they have a "grace period" for exchange? Has it expired? :icon_scratch:

Perhaps now, if they are no longer worth anything for exchange value, the market will become flooded with the modern pre euro coins. :dontknow:

Best,
Scott

PS. It ain't "stealing" if you have done your homework and they want you to think that they have! :thumbsup:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I'd buy it --lots of folks have no ideal of foreign money whats silver and whats not , plus some older and valuible coins migh tbe mixed in there.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how did this batch of coins turn out? Did you find anything worthwhile?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions