2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin™ Available today.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
The 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin - Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas (NP1) is available today from the US Mint. This is a limited edition coin that has a fairly good chance of increasing in value. For those of you that like to roll the dice might be worth a shot. I bought one for the heck of it. Might be a way to quickly double your money if you are inclined to flip coins from the mint. There are companies already offering to buy these at $50 over issue price as there is a limit of one per household. They will likely be sold out by the end of tomorrow. If you jumped on the bullion version of this coin you could have made some serious money. :icon_thumright:

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wc...tegoriesDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001

Maine_Jim

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
To clarify: These are not the bullion versions, but rather the collector versions. They will be mint-marked with a new finish (details haven't been released). There will only be 27,000 minted.

By the way, the Medal of Honor $5 gold is absolutely beautiful and only 11,000 have been sold YTD.

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
It looks like this one may be sold out tonight. Since it was priced when silver spot was less it is cheaper than the 2011 bullion ATB coin ;D

Maine_Jim

sneak

Oct 24, 2007
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I finally got mine ordered at 1:53 P.M. today. The site crashed and then when it came back up everything seemed to work much better.

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I ordered by phone after the crash. Took about ten attempts before I got through then very smooth. The call lasted about five minutes. Not my favorite puck and I'm guessing they will cost more for the next issue but at this price seems like a "no brainer". Sure beats what $285 gets in the savings account.

Maine_Jim

byrne3

Mar 4, 2011
I ordered on the website at 9 am (Pacific time) when they started accepting orders.. It took 45 minutes for me to navigate through the checkout process. I kept getting errors like "server is not responding", etc. and had to keep refreshing. My order was finally completed at 9:47 am PST..

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered one this morning. Love to obtain a complete set.

HSH,
apush :read2:

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
bsktbllsam said:
just wondering, why is this a good deal? It comes out to 56/oz...

If you are just looking for silver then it is not a great deal. It has the potential to be a collector item with good silver content. These are already selling on ebay for $450 - $600 so for people looking for a quick profit it is a winner.

Maine_Jim

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I believe they were selling them now, but won't be shipping them until mid-May. That might explain the "backorder" designation. Anyone else with the same designation on their order?

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same response, Diver_Down. Can't wait till it arrives.

apush :read2:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is on back order as well, ordered mine 6:20 am EST... hopefully I get it! I am not one to buy coins from the mint, but I think this would be a cool coin, I am not in this to profit though.

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part of an email from bluemooncoins.com

Mint Releases NEW America The Beautiful 5 oz. Coin

Tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM Pacific standard time, the United States Mint will sell 1 - 5 ounce Hot Springs collector version silver coin, limit one per household. We encourage you through Our friends and family program, to buy as many as you can. If you would be so kind, after you bought them, we guarantee a minimum of $50 per coin profit over and above your purchase price, (must be confirmed by e-mail within a week).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread