coins 2.jpg
    632.8 KB · Views: 402

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Much depends on where you intend to sell them at. If Ebay, you will realize much less than you anticipate, I think. None of the coins displayed are certified coins. Silver is currently $37-38/ounce. While the price is rising, it still is no where near the $48/ounce price from last week.

You have some nice bullion coins, but few with much numismatic premium value. I'd suggest holding onto them if possible, at least until silver prices stabilize somewhat.

Whenever silver bullion prices escalate suddenly, as they recently have, the prices for most silver coins becomes merely bullion value. Higher grade silver coins should have a premium due to rarity. But not during silver speculation when most buyers are just going after bullion.

Try again about 6 months from now. You should start to see bullion prices stabilize (probably at a higher level than now), and collector coins increase dramatically.

The only real way to compare bullion/collector silver is to have long-term data on both. Try researching the prices of high grade collector coins (such as 1932D quarters) versus the silver value of the same coins.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
You don't have any coins that carry a numismatic premium. Now or whether you wait 6 months or 12 months. Your best coins are the ASE's and Kookaburra. Don't fret, though, you are in the ballpark for what you are asking. I wouldn't consider selling below $350. The Morgans and Peace have about 6 troy ounces of silver. Add in the 3 Eagles and the Kookaburra and you are selling 10 troy ounces. Quick sale would be at $350. Actual price (melt value) is about $380. If you want to hold out, then you should be able to get $400 and above very soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread