1996 copper dime value????

ryanbubbasdad

Greenie
May 30, 2011
ok here it goes . i commonly read this forum but have never posted before and the reason i am doing so now is because im in a bind. i constantly search dime ( all i get is clear wrapped around here) and i came across what i believed to be a missing clad dime ( found by edge searching ) its missing it on both sides. i have had the dime comformed at a local coin shop ( a reputable one) that it is infact missing both sides and was struck that way . my question is about the value . i know there are alot of ugly looking supposed missing clad dimes on one side trying to be sold on feebay for a couple hundred, but i have the real deal and its missing both. so what is this thing worth??? i know only what someone is willing to pay but the coin shop gave me a real lowball offer which was expected. please if anyone can help me . im not trying to sell it on here i just need help with the value for as far as i can tell its a pop 1 of 1 in its class. and i know rare one of a kinds can go for bid money 1 5 20 100k i just dont know and dont wana sell it for 1k then see it sold for 100k .... also i have never had a coin graded and i am very sceptical about shipping it off to a company so if someone could recommend a grading company for the dime and best way to safekeep my item while shipping and ect will be greatly appreciated . thank you all and much support for all you roll hunters

Attachments

• copper dime.jpg
    copper dime.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 2,347

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but I don't think it is missing the clad layers. If it were it would be very thin and not well struck. I think it may just be copper toned. The best thing to do would be to weigh it, if it is missing the outer clad it should be significantly lighter than a normal dime. Sure hope I am wrong and may well be but I don't think it is.

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I agree, I just don't see anything wrong with the coin. Maybe some copper core peeking through at a high point of the coin somewhere but definitely not enough to be considered "missing clad layer"

HH all!

Greg

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm confused (as usual): The title reads '1996' yet the coin image is in the 2000 series. (??)
I do agree with the previous comments; the coin is 'normal' if it weighs 2.27 grams NWS 1996 or in the 2000s.
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
Don....

DevilDog812

Nov 3, 2010
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Mackaydon said:
I'm confused (as usual): The title reads '1996' yet the coin image is in the 2000 series. (??)
I do agree with the previous comments; the coin is 'normal' if it weighs 2.27 grams NWS 1996 or in the 2000s.
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
Don....

hehe, you guys got tricked just like me. you are all looking at the comparison dime, scroll over to the right to see the copper one :icon_thumright:

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
LOL!......duh.....ok, now you really won't like my answer.....not so impressed with the "new" (lol) picture either......a bit too burnt and blotchy looking for my convincing....sooooo many things that chemicals/heat can do........pics are tough but I'm still not very convinced. (JMHO)

HH all!

Greg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread