Possible 1861 Liberty Seated Dollar found!!

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Bought a guys collection today and in one of the folder pockets falls out a big coin. It hit my truck bed and immediately thought it was a big silver dollar. I picked it up and looked at it and BAM 1861 staring at me. The bad part is...It feels light. I haven't an accurate enough scale and was hoping for some help. He said he found the coin in his backyard years ago and forgot about it. If it is real I hit the jackpot. I crossed checked it with a morgan and they feel the same. Help me. I will add some pics soon.

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
ImpurestStewart said:
I will add some pics soon.

Been a couple of days, still waiting on the pictures! :thumbsup:

I know that I speak for a few of us on TNet, and that is we LOVE puzzles! So, when you take pictures of the 1861 coin, please use an old cell phone camera. You know, one that doesn't focus very well. But not too blurry, otherwise we won't be able to GUESS accurately about the condition & quality of your coin. Also, be sure to post really SMALL pictures of the coin- so that no amount of computer magnification will assist us in examining your coin! ;D

Or you could just post reasonably CLEAR, medium to large sized, in focus, photos of the obverse and reverse sides of the 1861 coin. :hello:

OP
OP
ImpurestStewart

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
We just moved. And my gf has lost the card to the camera. LOL. I am 99.9% sure it is fake though. It only weighs alittle over 21 grams. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread