More feebay scams?

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a scam. Of course whoever bought these is a sucker, but the sellers aren't doing anything unethical that I can see.

Smaller lots sell well, I guess! I might have to try to sell some small lots and see what happens! Maybe I can sell a lot of five of the same date....

Silver Bear

Sep 14, 2011
I've actually bought from those cats before. You can bet your booty it wasn't Ike's like that though... ;D

Must be all of Ike's stars eh? (Ike's uniform extra!) ::)

HH and all the BEST, SB

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow. i must be wealthy and an idiot for returning all the Ike dollars i got from banks looking for silver... some people just dont do the research before buying ???

CoinHELP!

Aug 9, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not 40% silver, they came in blue pack and red pack, encased in cello. Olus the rest where proofs in GSA holders. I don't think the seller knew what they were selling.

Sep 8, 2011
I agree with CoinHELP; I've seen people list quarters and dimes made as late as the mid-1970's as "silver". (no not talking about 1976 quarters, some of which are 40%). They just don't bother to verify what they think they know about the coin(s).

I try to PM people on eBay when they have something listed incorrectly to the point of misrepresenting it hoping to save them some hassle. Most responses are very positive especially for smaller sellers. Oddly, the only times I've been told where to go are from sellers calling themselves coin dealers who should know better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions